I like things clean - but I don't always like the time involved for cleaning. So I've developed and redeveloped an ever changing cleaning schedule for each room in my house, working from Martha's guide but editing and changing items because I'm not being paid to clean my house. I try to clean one room a day after work so that I don 't spend my weekends feeling overwhelmed by the mess. The living spaces have daily cleaning tasks, but they're small and doable.
So, for today's installment of "Trying to be like Martha: Hold the Felony, Please", we'll tackle the Kitchen.
Daily:
- Load and Empty Dishwasher
- Hand wash pots and pans
- Wipe down countertops and tabletops with Method All Surface Cleaner (I'm partial to the Naked version, surprise surprise)
- Clean sink with Method All Surface Cleaner
- Take out the recycling (I'm trying...)
- Dry Swiffer
Weekly
- Vacuum and clean the floor
- I clean the floor with one part white vinegar to two parts warm water, get down on my hands and knees and go to town. It shines our hardwoods and leaves the house smelling clean but not chemically. I would drink vinegar if I could, it solves every problem.
- Wipe down appliances, disinfect handles and doorknobs.
- Windex the sink (makes it shine!)
- Flush garbage disposal with hot water and Vinegar
- Microwave a bowl of water with a squeeze of lemon, wipe down inside of steamed up 'wave.
- Wash rugs and dishtowels.




"Vinegar.....it's a good thing."
ReplyDeleteLMAO @ "hold the felony". You crack me up.
Wow, I thought I had cleaning down to a science but these tips are awesome!
Great tips! I always feel overwhelmed when I go to clean. Taking 5-10 minutes after work wouldn't kill me...
ReplyDeleteI think I may have mild OCD, which I generally am able to combat with excessive laziness and the latest reality television show to hit the nation. This cracked me up Em! And speaking of--did you see Biggest Loser is going to be on again in September?? WooHOO!!
ReplyDeleteBack to your post--sounds like you've got a great plan! I'm very happy to hear you're trying out that crazy new recycling trend! ;)