Every spring when I've decided that if I see even one more flake of snow I might just snap, I retire my crock-pot and start pretending it's warmer outside. And when football starts, I have a little fall celebration for myself and bring out the crock, wash it thoroughly, and start planning my recipes. That's what I did today, while Mr. B was off celebrating his Irish/Scottish heritage at some festival with his dad (I opted out because, although I'm as Irish as they come, I have no desire to run into my brother's heinous ex-girlfriend whose family practically runs the show - not that I hold a grudge or anything). I pulled out my favorite recipes, decided if I could turn them into Crock-Pot recipes (why, yes, I can!), calculated the calories, and started dreaming. Stay tuned, my friends, my Crock-Pot and I are just getting started.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Just a Girl and her Crock-Pot
I L-O-V-E my crock-pot. My mom bought me a small one when I moved out of the sorority and into a house with four other girls (mayhem) my senior year of college. I've been in love ever since. When Mr. B and I moved in together, I brought my trusty old crock-pot along. This summer (thanks to our wedding and a little registering) we upgraded to a bigger model with a timer and warming function. Good news, Mr. B: You'll no longer have to eat slightly overcooked meat. 
Every spring when I've decided that if I see even one more flake of snow I might just snap, I retire my crock-pot and start pretending it's warmer outside. And when football starts, I have a little fall celebration for myself and bring out the crock, wash it thoroughly, and start planning my recipes. That's what I did today, while Mr. B was off celebrating his Irish/Scottish heritage at some festival with his dad (I opted out because, although I'm as Irish as they come, I have no desire to run into my brother's heinous ex-girlfriend whose family practically runs the show - not that I hold a grudge or anything). I pulled out my favorite recipes, decided if I could turn them into Crock-Pot recipes (why, yes, I can!), calculated the calories, and started dreaming. Stay tuned, my friends, my Crock-Pot and I are just getting started.
Every spring when I've decided that if I see even one more flake of snow I might just snap, I retire my crock-pot and start pretending it's warmer outside. And when football starts, I have a little fall celebration for myself and bring out the crock, wash it thoroughly, and start planning my recipes. That's what I did today, while Mr. B was off celebrating his Irish/Scottish heritage at some festival with his dad (I opted out because, although I'm as Irish as they come, I have no desire to run into my brother's heinous ex-girlfriend whose family practically runs the show - not that I hold a grudge or anything). I pulled out my favorite recipes, decided if I could turn them into Crock-Pot recipes (why, yes, I can!), calculated the calories, and started dreaming. Stay tuned, my friends, my Crock-Pot and I are just getting started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I'm so looking forward to your recipes! I have one fail-proof recipe for my crock pot, but I could definitely use more! It is the perfect thing for fall.
ReplyDeleteMy recipe (just in case you want it):
small red potatoes lining the bottom, 1/2 cup wine, 1/2 can chicken broth, 2 tbs olive oil, tons of no-salt poultry seasoning, and one whole chicken baked on low for 7-8 hours.
whoa! and not cause you like pot...i mean, crockpot. whoa cause i do believe there is a little story to the whole irish ex-girlfriend...please tell that one!
ReplyDeletek
LOL @ Katie!
ReplyDeleteHey, I have the same crockpot! I love fall especially for the fact that I can bust out Ol' Crocky and have my way with him. Our fave is a pork green chili that's to die for. Can't wait to hear about your recipes!
Ooooh, do tell about this Irish ex g-friend.
Oh the ex-g.f, it's not nearly as exciting as it sounds. My brother dated this girl in HS and part of college, and when they broke up she sent us a letter telling us how much she hated my family. For good reasons too - you know, like one time my brother came to my lacrosse game instead of going to get ice cream with her - stupid, but I've thought she was heinous ever since. So, her family participates in this festival, and since I didn't know how quickly Mr. B could come up with bail money on a Sunday, I decided I should stay home where there was no risk of seeing her. But it's all ok, the bro is marrying a wonderful girl in October, and we couldn't love her more.
ReplyDeleteI am sure that you have heard of this, but just in case:
ReplyDeletehttp://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
I love looking to see what she has posted everyday. It is also inspiring to see what you can all cook in a crockpot.
Enjoy your cooking!
how long have you had a blog???? :)
ReplyDeletei remember "the letter"! it was right after I joined the family and my brother's first fiance had done the same thing so i totally knew how you guys felt!
you can turn just about anything into a crockpot dish-we do tons of chili and taco soup, chili burros (shredded beef tacos), chicken and rice, stuff like that. when fall hits, my big thing is soup! i'm all about the soup! I can't do soup in the summer so I get so into soup as soon as the air turns crisp!
I'm looking forward to reading about your recipes! So far the only thing that's seen the inside of my crock pot is a roast. I think we need to spice things up a bit. Can't wait!
ReplyDelete