Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Turkey Pinwheels

These were definitely the hit food at the shower I threw for Sarah a couple weekends ago. And they were so easy, I almost felt guilty accepting compliments on them. But they were so good I'm going to make them for every thing I ever have to bring food to - book club, cocktail parties, picnics, barbeques. Watch out, people! Without further ado, the very short recipe for Turkey Pinwheels:

Flour Tortillas (I bought a big bag at Costco and used 10 tortillas - that's about 50 pinwheels, people)
Chive Cream Cheese - I like the whipped version
1 Tablespoon minced Garlic
Deli Turkey
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

I wanted to keep these simple, so I stopped there, but you could add lettuce, chopped veggies etc if you're feeling adventurous.

Add the garlic to the tub of Chive Cream cheese and mix it all together. The fresh garlic adds a necessary zest. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the tortillas - a little goes a long way. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Top with one slice deli turkey and roll the tortillas up tightly. I used toothpics to hold them together at this point. Pop in the refrigerator for a couple hours. Before serving, slice diagonally into about 5 pieces. And get ready to eat a lot of them. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Those sound fantastic! No wonder they were a hit, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so good!! I'm saving that recipe for future parties!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I've made something similar (minus the turkey, adding minced jalepeno) and they're always a hit, too. I'm going to have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Now I want to throw a dinner par-tay just so I have an excuse to serve these. Flatirons Pottery Barn, here I come. HA!

    ReplyDelete