
My mom gave me this darling pillow from Sundance. She loves Casco. The Casco pillow is currently sitting in the big green chair and it looks cozy and comfy for fall.


So, it's pillow hunting time. The walls are a neutral yellow/beige, couch is white, so we've got very few matching requirements. The big green chair is big and green (imagine that!), and in the winter I like to bring reds in to make things feel cozier, Christmasier, and cheerier. Plus, my high school colors were red and green, so I like to pay homage to my alma mater (which, just so happens to be Mr. B's high school rival - but I am not using our decor to brainwash him at all. No, not me. Even though his high school cheated at swimming). Ok, back to pillows:
There are these from PB, either the green or the red are fun, and I think either might work with the stripes, no?

Sticking with PB, I thought these solid pillows (in green) could fall up the stripes, or we could ditch bright green altogether for winter.

West Elm's "Winter Stripe Pillow" is cute and would get me my stripe fix if I choose to ditch the PB stripes for winter:

My inspiration stops there. Ok, it's up to you guys. Likes, dislikes, other throw pillow suggestions? Have at it, ladies!




I vote for switching out the green stripes for winter (hey--any excuse to shop, right?) They do look more "summer" to me. I like the idea of sticking with stripes (you know me!) but maybe look for something that has a heavier fabric or just warmer colors. Those are the two things that seem more "winter" to me. (And now I want to change out my pillows too, lol!) OR! Instead of changing out pillows you could just add a more "wintery" throw blanket on the sofa. I think that would help warm things up a bit. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI like the West Elm winter stripes, they totally seem like you and they are a great excuse to switch up your decor for the winter! Can't wait to see what you decide!
ReplyDeleteFirst, yes, the green stripes scream summer. ;)
ReplyDeleteI like the button pillows, but I would go with a color warmer than bright green. And those stripe West Elm pillows are fab - love the fabric!
I think the PB red with the pattern and maybe the solid brown button pillow(s). I love brown for fall and red would spice things up! Also, it would match your "sit" pillow! Happy Shopping!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the West Elm winter stripes. I think those would be a great replacement for the green striped pillows.
ReplyDeleteI think the green stripes do look quite summery. I would probably switch them out. I love the whole stripes thing you have going on. I am partial to reds, browns and oranges for fall and early winter. However, I never considered throwing in a green-maybe try green and browns together.
ReplyDeleteI love the doggie pillow:) I would either do the solid colors with the stripe green pillow or cancel the stripe green pillow and do the last picture of the darker stripes...looks more winterie(is that a word)
ReplyDeleteLike everyone else said - I like the green stripes for summer too. I think the idea of a throw would be nice or just adding some warmer colors like browns and reds.
ReplyDeletelove the doggie pillow - what a great touch for winterizing!
I love the patterned PB pillows :)
ReplyDeleteLove the doggie pillow, Em!
ReplyDeleteI agree w/ D, adding a cozy throw in a rich fall color (gold? brown? burnt orange?) would be fab.
I vote for the PB red pillow w/ the geometric pattern. I saw it the other day and it's even lovelier IRL! Maybe pair it w/ the PB button pillow in chocolate brown? The linen of that pillow would provide some great texture, too.
MUST.POST.AFTER.PICS!!! Can't wait to see what you'll do.
Yes, i agree with everyone else! :) I love the winter stripes! I like anything warm and thick like velour and corduroy for winter in those warm colors.
ReplyDelete