Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Who's the Fairest of them all?

Let's talk bathroom mirrors for a minute, shall we? I know, we really know how to excite the audience here at imperfect.

When it comes to looking at your mug every morning, do you prefer:

A builder basic, barely there full wall mirror?
Mirror pictures (including an after with a frame) found here.

A gussied up basic builder's mirror?


Or do you like a separate mirror for each sink?

Pottery Barn's Classic Wall-Mounted Medicine Cabinet

I plan to frame up all of our basic builder mirrors for a more custom look at the cost of some cheapo molding, but I do love the look of two mirrors over a two sink vanity. What about you, what's your looking glass preference? Sound off!

15 comments:

  1. The two mirrors are nice, but I prefer the large one. I think it makes the room feel bigger. And I love the idea of placing molding around the mirrors to give them a more personalized look. Can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer a larger mirror. I feel like it gives me some room to move around while I'm getting ready.

    I think the middle photo is beautiful! Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very torn between two mirrors or the framed one. I think it all depends on the space of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do I get to vote? :)

    Thanks for the shoutout Em - and as always, I love this topic. You always play with my heart strings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 mirrors!

    Some mirrors are so huge....ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love large framed mirrors and I adore Katie's mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the larger one but I also love the framed one. My Mom bought a framed mirror and antiqued it for the half bathroom in her house and it's lovely. someday....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right now I'm too lazy to upgrade from the builder's models, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Katie's blog and hope to do that in at least one of our bathrooms someday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a tossup between the barely there full wall mirror and the seperate mirrors, I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Framed mirror fo' sho'! We've always had the builder grade ones and they're so blah.

    If we had a dual vanity, I would love a mirro above each sink. But alas, we just have one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a real big fan of the large framed mirror (second picture). The key is the fatty frame that goes around it. This really puts it in perspective in the room. However I have another suggestion too. How about a bathroom that is lined with mirrors - now that's different.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need a big mirror...more room to get ready and look at my pretty self :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've got the builder basic mirrors in our home, but someday we'll be framing them out into something with a little more character!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi!

    I stumbled onto here from thisyounghouse.com - and I've gotta say, I love your blog!

    Here's a thought: What if you hung two frames on your big builder mirror? You wouldn't be out any money for buying two mirrors, but then you'd still have that individualized look! I know I've seen this on some home design blogs, and if I find some links, I'll send them your way.

    ReplyDelete