Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Benchwarmers

When it comes to dining, do you prefer cozying up and sharing a bench with another person (or several)?

World Market's Bench and Table

Or are you all about personal space?Pottery Barn

I like my own chair for personal space and back support- especially if I'm stuck in the middle of a bench and moving means kneeing the people on either side of me. But what about you? Are you a chair or a booth kind of person? Sound off!

12 comments:

  1. chairs! I like ones with soft seats- my family likes to sit and talk after dinner, the tushy can get a little sore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those tables!!
    I like the *idea* of a bench, but in reality I'd always pick the padded chair for my bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well personally I want a chair but I have no problem with my guests sitting on a bench and I love the look of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chairs - but my kids love sitting on a bench. Our dining room table has a bench on one side, and I love when we have company and can throw a ton of kids on one bench. It is very handy and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definatly chairs!! I was looking at tables today while i was out and I don't like on a bench if two people are sitting on it and one gets up they both have to get up to push it out. Not to mention I'm a big fan of personal space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like chairs! Benches aren't bad sometimes, but I wouldn't want to sit at one all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chairs!!! My SIL has a bench but they have three kids so the kids can use the bench and the adults get the chairs...to me thats perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. My vote goes to individual chairs...mostly because I like to scoot really far in and get close to my plate :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need the back support of a chair, myself. Growing up we had a booth in our kitchen, which was really cool, but of course that had a soft, cushiony back.

    I think a bench or banquet seating is great for families with kids, but I'll always pick a chair now that I'm "grown up."

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am definately a chair kind of person, benches just aren't comfortable enough for me. Thanks for sharing your envelope system, maybe one day I'll convince hubby to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a personal space fan but the bench is a fun twist on the traditional formal dining set :)

    ReplyDelete