Pin It button on image hover

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Brunch

We had a lovely Easter - I love holidays that allow you to focus on the things that matter - the reason behind the holiday, family and friends.

We woke up early to meet Jenna and her family at 7:30 Mass (it's so fun to have friends to sit with at church!). I am definitely my father's daughter - we left the house at 6:40 to get the best spot on the street so we didn't have to fight traffic leaving the parking lot. Then we rushed home to start cookin'.



Mr. B and I hosted both of our families for brunch - it was a full house with lots of chaos, but it's family. Hosting these holidays makes me anxious for my dream kitchen though - a huge island with stools so I can tell people to "park it" instead of standing in front of the oven.

We deep cleaned the house and put out the spring decor for Easter - the more wintery green with white table runner was stored for the green and white gingham table runner, the Pottery Barn striped pillows replaced my winter friendly polka dots. We brought a table from the guest room down to serve food off of, it all worked out.



On the table:
Baked Omelet - I experimented last week to come up with this healthy, hearty and delicious casserole. I am in love with this dish (and the less than 100 calories per big slice nutrition value I calculated). Spiral Ham. Pancakes with toppings. Rolls. French Breakfast Muffins. Pink Lemonade Jello and Fruit. Spring Salad. Bakerella's Cake Pops. Cupcakes. Mimosas. Delicious.



My chickens. Bakerella's chickens. Just call me Bakerella imperfect.

I ate way too many pastel M&Ms in celebration of my ability to each chocolate again. My mom, dad and aunt stayed until 5:30 watching Kenny Perry throw away his chance at the Green Jacket (I have no idea what this means except that a man named Tiger was also there so I'm guessing it was golf). It was a rainy, chilly Easter and I crashed on the couch in front of the fire at exactly 5:39. Loved it.

How was your Easter? Full of chocolate, jelly beans and springtime cheer, I hope!

14 comments:

  1. Your Bakerella chicks rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chicks are so cute, they look complicated though, and the food looks amazing. I love the green striped pillows as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to make Bakerella's pops but I'm kind of intimated because they look hard! Was it easier than I imagine it to be?

    Ps. love the sausage n' egg stratas! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake pops turned out great!! Good work! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I'm trying to think of a reason for you to make those chick cupcake pops for ME. And the only valid thing I can think of is that we'd need some sustenance in between rounds of beer pong.

    LOVE the snappy spring decor!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am impressed!!! I was going to try them but chickened out!!! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow the house looks so nice and festive and I hear you on wanting the big kitchen when hosting!

    The spread looks amazing, I definitely want eggs now lol.

    Personally, I love the one imperfect chickeroo with the smooshed face the best {I'm completely serious!}.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl, with those Bakerella chicks! Sounds like a lovely time! I love your green and white accents, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm...next year I want to come to YOUR house for Easter! Everything looks wonderful Em!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like the Easter brunch and decorations were a success. Where are all the guests?
    Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loev the chicks!! They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the chickens! They are so cute, I never would have had the patience to do that. I would have gotten like 3 done and told people to share. How long did that take? I like all the swapping out for spring too, I did so of that last week too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great spread! Your Easter looks like it was so fun and delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete