Pin It button on image hover

Monday, September 21, 2009

Cozying up for Fall - Part 1

Since Fall officially starts tomorrow, I decorated this weekend. The leaves have started changing in our neighborhood, so I figure it's appropriate. And while I enjoy handing out candy on Halloween (to cute little kids who use words like please and thank you - B actually likes the high schoolers who come door to door, I'm working on liking them more), it's not my favorite holiday. But Fall, now that's something I can decorate for.

We started outside. The petunias that B picked out at the beginning of the summer for my beloved IKEA flower boxes had died a natural death. So, I picked up some cheapo orange mums. Apparently orange is my favorite fall color - everything orange makes me smile. I know, it's news to me, too. And I still can't get enough of my galvanized planters, I love everything about them.


I'm excited for the mums to fill out a bit. And when it's time for them to bid farewell, I'm going to try transplanting them to the ground for a bit of greenery in the front next summer and some beautiful fall color. Kind of like what Kim has going on in her side yard:

Credit

Oh, just you wait. There's more cozying to come...

8 comments:

  1. Although I don't really decorate for fall, I'm jealous that it's starting to feel like fall where you are. It's supposed to be an unseasonably warm 100 degrees all week, and I am not a happy camper about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so very much love those galvanized planters! Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mums. Our summer flowers met their death 2 weeks ago and I've been wanting to pick up some mums to replace them. Of course I'm a fan of the yellow ones ... yellow is my new color for now. I'm sure it'll change by December.

    As far as the Jeep goes ... I'd be ok with it acting like a piece of crap if it wasn't only a year old. They just don't make 'em like they used to. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your galvanized planters, too. We should totally get some of those for our house. Though we don't have a railing to hang them on, so maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love yoru planters, too. I've got 2 cheapo mums that need to be planted outside, but it's too cold right now. I was going to plant them in pots, but maybe I'll put them in my flowerbox.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still in love with those galvanized window boxes. They are awesome.

    I've been on the look out for some tiny mum plants for our cans on the fence. I found some at Hy-Vee (at only $1.99 a pop) but waited too long. =( Cannot wait to see what else you have coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mums + galvanized planters = OMG

    LOVE! Do mums grow back every year? Was that a ridonkulous question?

    (Am also coveting Kim's snappy yard!)

    ReplyDelete