Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Holiday Traditions

Last weekend my mom, aunt, cousin and I met at my Grandma's house to make one of my Grandpa's famous holiday treats. It was important to us this year to try our hand at Grandpa's candy making - and we think things turned out almost as well as when Grandpa made them himself.  I'm sharing one of his treats - my all time favorite - for the Dare to DIY challenge next week, so get excited.  



And for Thanksgiving, I'm bringing another family tradition to the table. My Great Grandma Emma's Cranberry Salad recipe. Growing up my mom assigned each of us a signature Thanksgiving dish - probably more to get us involved than to help her out since she had to supervise every year- and Emma's was mine because I was named for her.

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope that you all have a great holiday, any family traditions you're looking forward to this year?

9 comments:

  1. That's a great tradition to assign each kid a dish to make at Thanksgiving!

    Usually, our tradition is just to all be lushes...but I will be skipping that tradition this year (unfortunately).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun tradition... and I cannot WAIT to hear about your grandpa's treat. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm mostly looking forward to the four-day weekend, and getting to spend time with my parents instead of working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute. Family holiday traditions are so special. It's great that you hang on to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice way to honor your grandfather's memory! And you guys look so cute in your aprons.

    Can't wait to try my hand at your grandfather's treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you had time to all get together and help out. It looks like a fun time and a happy kitchen.
    Sarah and Becca and I will be sharing dinner here at the townhouse. They have been so busy at school. It will be great to have them home for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving, can't wait to read all about the famous recipe. I'm looking forward to my mom's pumpkin crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must have been so nice for you all to get together and make your grandfather's recipe. One of the things I love about Christmas, is making my grandmother's cookies.

    ReplyDelete