Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, December 31, 2009

December Goals Reviewed

It's the end of another year. Sorry friends, the decade is not over yet. That's next year. So let's review the December goals - I know you've all been waiting with bated breath to find out if I succeeded this month. With such high standards to meet, it was tough.

1. I'm counting on December to be a month of health and energy. Seriously, are you listening December? So let's get in some running and ellipticaling a few days a week every week.

2. Get a pedicure for Christmas on the beach. Can you tell I'm really planning to stretch myself in December?

3. Attend zero surprise parties in my honor. Especially thrown on a night where no one has thought to say to me, "Hey Em, maybe you should dry your hair, put on some makeup and wear more than your favorite yoga pants for making a DIY headboard tonight".

4. Get a tan on the beach.

5. Put my toes in the water (a** in the sand optional).


So, December was a success. And I have no goals for January yet. I'm trying to decide if I should leave the blog goals behind this year - are they as boring as I think they are? Weigh in, I'd love your input.


14 comments:

  1. I have to disagree with your comment that the new decade doesn't begin until next year. Look at any year that ended in a 0 (i.e. 1990). It always signified a new decade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anon - While that's the commonly accepted thought (every magazine on the newsstands agrees with you), there was no year zero, so a decade begins in a year that starts with a 1. Same debate that raged in 2000 over whether it was truly the beginning of the new millennium. We'll agree to disagree, I know it's a hot topic, but the beginning of the next decade for me is Jan 1, 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the monthly goals are great! Keep doing them if they help you and you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like em. It kinda gives your readers a little sneak preview as to what you're most likely going to be posting about in the coming month...Or maybe I just like posting goals too and I like to think they're riveting. Either way, HappY New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the monthly goals too...they give me good ideas!

    And I agree with you about the decade ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to leave you a note to say I hope you have a great birthday (and I hope I'm not getting you mixed with someone else).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love goal posts, for myself and for others! I know I'm more motivated to do things when I know I have some accountability, and I like seeing what others are doing to get ideas. Keep these posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goals are great. I haven't been very good at them this year. You did so well this month - keep it up.

    Happy Birthday, Em. Wishing the best for a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I've ever left a comment, but I just wanted to chime in and say that I think you should keep the goals! It gives me inspiration to make my own. Maybe I should start doing that monthly on my blog too? That way it is out there for the world to see (even though I have about 2 readers...haha).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your goals, but it's probably just because I'm a nosy little devil and like to see other peoples' lists. However, I will also say that I only like the lists if YOU like the lists. If they aren't useful, I say they should go.

    And, I've totally been wondering if this is truly a decade. I'm happy you are my virtual friend for many reasons. Today, it's because you give me valuable information, like decade factoids. =) What would I do without you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good work! I don't think the lists are boring, they just make me feel a little guilty because I don't have monthly goals. Most people would be motivated, but I go right for the guilt. hehehe

    HAPPY BDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the monthly goals! Every month I say I'm going to start doing that, and every month I fail. Maybe that should be my first goal, to actually DO goals :)

    and I see from the other comments you have a birthday! Happy birthday, hope it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep the goals. You inspired me to start doing this on my blog and it's been super helpful. The accountability really helps.

    ReplyDelete