You know when you're really excited to see a movie or something and you hype it up so much in your mind that the movie can only be a let-down? I'm afraid, my friends, that I overhyped our Valentine's Day History. Because really, we only had two bad ones. So with the let down acknowledged, let's wrap this up, shall we? I'll try to find embarrassing and completely unrelated pictures of the two of us just to keep you entertained.
The first two Valentine's days were a bust - and that was with us trying to keep them low-key. On our third Valentine's day, I had to work, so B cooked a late dinner at his apartment and we watched a movie when I got off work. And do you know what? It was perfect. No muss, no fuss, no waiting in lines and dealing with pre-fixed menus. I
hate fixed menus.
Unbelievably, actually a picture of us on a Valentine's day...maybe 2 or 3 years ago?
And since then? I've honestly lost track, which must mean they were uneventful and fine. So we decided the future wouldn't have expectations - outside of spending the day together. Somewhere along the way, Chinese food became a part of the tradition. One of us is usually under the weather (seems to be our gig in February), and there have been years when B's birthday has caused the next day to be a little tedious for his impatient wife.
And those memorable Valentine's Days make the less memorable ones so sweet. So this year, I'm looking forward to Chinese food take-out and a movie with my husband - who dressed up or dressed down is my perfect match.
Love the gloves and pink earrings. No wonder he always wants to be with you- when you commit to crazy dress-up outfits you pull out all the stops. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat is this matching denim vested hotness? I love it!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally with you here. The less memorable, the better.
ReplyDeleteIt's a good thing you don't have any more stories to share. I was beginning to wonder how bad it was going to get!
ReplyDeleteTwo years is enough. I totally judge things by my memory. If I don't remember, it must have been fine. If it was horrible, I'll remember. Poor Ryan.
ReplyDeleteaww- you guys are too cute. you last comment about B is just perfect.
ReplyDeleteYou two are so cute Emily!!! Have a Happy V Day!!
ReplyDeleteKaren
You guys are really cute. Love the Valentine's Day stories. Have a happy one!
ReplyDeleteHahaha, I love the big letdown. Oh and I just realized why we'd make good friends...your fondness for costumes. Unless matching denim is a regular thing out there in Colorado.
ReplyDeleteOh and is that first pic of Thurston Howell and Lovey?
Your stories are great... and its the crazy ones that make us appreciate the low-key, 'normal' that much more! Hope you have a happy valentines day!
ReplyDeleteLoved all the Valentine's posts and I agree that the less memorable means that it was good. Have a great Valentine's Day!
ReplyDeleteSoooo.....did the relationship work out? =] Ha!
ReplyDeleteNot a let-down at all. The drama-filled V-days make the uneventful ones that much sweeter.
(Add the hoop earrings and the denim outfit to my list of "things to borrow from Em".)