Luckily my local Target still has them. Yes, Target - don't judge me people, I don't spend money on shoes. Have I told you enough times that I disdain shoe shopping? It does nothing for me, so I buy cheap and disposable flats. But here's the beauty of these babies:
- They're damn comfortable - no rigid seams rubbing my toes or heels.
- They're flat, which makes them super packable for work trips and leaves room for running shoes (ha).
- They're flat, which makes them safer for this klutz. And while I'm only 5'6", I flaunt it instead of teetering on anything that will break my ankle (again).
- They look just as good peeping out under dark jeans as they do paired with a pencil skirt and tights for work.
- Did I mention that they're $12.99?
- I get compliments on them all the time. I'm of the mind that flats should make a statement, not blend in. My one pair of black pumps, they can do the blending. Which is why I bought four pairs - one replacement zebra, one red, one turquoise and one mustard.

Okay, I lied. I bought 5 pairs. But these look different even though they're the same shoe, and they're ruffled, and I had to throw out my go-to pair of brown flats a few months ago, and they were $12.99. Do I need more justification?

Good thing January was my month for the clothing fund. I stopped at 5, but I could have kept going. And I replenished a pretty stark and sad shoe closet for under $65 - that's less than the cost of one normal pair of shoes. They won't last forever, so if that's what you're looking for, keep looking. They're the Odell model by Mossimo for Target and they're fabulous. Feel free to go buy some now that I've snatched up all the size 8s.




This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteRe: previous comment "this is not a spam comment" LOL. :-)
ReplyDeleteOn the subject of the shoe collection, you've really made me wish I could wear ballet flats. Alas, my arches will murder me if I try. They look adorable though!
I am heading to Target. I always wear flats too and at 5'3", I should probably invest in some heels, but I just don't have it in me. Absolutely love the turquoise!
ReplyDeleteSwoon! I love them all, especially the ruffle pair - so feminine.
ReplyDeleteHi Michelle - FYI at my local (and kind of decrepit) Target, I have only seen the zebra print and some solid colors - not all the colors they have online. I bought the original zebras there to make sure I was an 8 and ordered online.
ReplyDeleteI gotta try these. I usually where slingback heels everyday. But, my heels broke. And, I cannot for the life of me find another pair (that's closed-toe). So, maybe it's time for me to switch it up and wear these cute shoes.
ReplyDelete(I'm not a shoe-shopping fiend either. I find it annoying. And, who really notices your shoes anyhow?)
awesome choices! I actually do love shoe shopping a little too much. But I haven't bought any any in a while. But I am holding strong at not shopping for an entire month. Thats a definite victory for me! Debt free 2010!!
ReplyDeleteOMG, I have (had) the zebra ones until my dog chewed them. I almost cried as well. Looks like I'll be making a trip to my local Target (or 3) to find a replacement today! :)
ReplyDeleteThey look super cute! I saw those but wasn't sure if they'd be very comfortable. I'll now have to go pick up a pair for spring. Thanks for sharing Em!
ReplyDeleteI love Target shoes. I will have to check these out.
ReplyDeleteI think these are adorable! And I have a great pair of flats from target too!
ReplyDeleteOooo I love Target!! I got the cutest pair that looks just like Jack Rodgers--toooo cute and 19.99!
ReplyDeleteThey're all so cute! And also, one of my favorite pairs of flats is from Target. They're awesome, end of story.
ReplyDeletei love target's shoes! that's where i get most of mine (or on sale at rack room with a coupon) i'm the same way - i don't care about shoes enough to spend tons of money or effort on them! i might have to get a pair of those since you recommended them
ReplyDeleteI love Target for shoes--I have a pair of coral flats and silver flats myself! I've almost bought the zebra flats the last 10 times I've been in the store.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter has the zebra flats from Target and loves them. I would love to wear flats but all my nicer jeans/pants are too long and require heels. I should just have them hemmed and save my poor back the pain!
ReplyDeleteI got two sets of wine glasses and martini glasses from Target for Christmas so I need to return on set of each. Maybe I will exchange them for shoes instead! :-)
I love them!! I'm so glad you found more to replace them!
ReplyDeleteI totally could have written this post. I love cheap flats and they're pretty much all I wear. (I too, abhor shoe shopping.) Payless Shoes is where I usually shop, and I get complements on my shoes all the time!
i love flats. I refuse to wear heels to work but uggs are sort of hard to get away with. my only complaint about flats is that they suck when it's snowing out. i feel like snow usually justifies uggs though.
ReplyDeleteSuper cute! I am also not a shoe shopper. I love Target's shoes though and I love that they are inexpensive, but still cute.
ReplyDeleteI love the little mustard flats. I may have to stop by Target on the way home from work - you enabler, you.
ReplyDeleteugh, I hate shopping, shoe shopping included. Those are cute! What do you wear on your feet though? I've never worn ballet flats because I'm not sure what to wear under the shoe (and my feet are gross if I wear nothing)
ReplyDeleteReading - I usually wear them alone - especially in the summer, I wear these to work in lieu of flip flops (so nothing). But in the winter, I pair them with tights and skirts! They're definitely not weatherproof, but it works.
ReplyDeleteThose shoes are really cute. I debated buying them, but I may now. :)
ReplyDeletehaha- I just bought the zebra ones at the beginning of Jan. I have gotten a ton of complements already.I wish my target had the teal ones. I also hate shoe shopping because I have huge feet- size 11.
ReplyDeleteI am SO a flat girl! (Wait, that didn't come out the way I intended.....)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I 100% agree w/ you--shoes should pop! Snappy colors/patterns all the way. Also, I hate dropping a ton of $ on shoes (same thing w/ handbags).
Like I ever need an excuse to go to Tarjay but you just gave me more. Enabler =]
i own all of those shoes plus a pair of lavender/pink ones, a cheetah pair, plain black with the same sheen as the zebra ones and a pair that has embroidery on them - i wear the zebra ones ALL the time - they're awesome
ReplyDeleteThanks for the response Emily! I am so fashion-challenged that I really need a personal stylist. I wish you could pick one of those up at Target!
ReplyDeleteps 27 comments? That's so exciting!
ReplyDeleteWow i love the brown flats ! And you got them for such a bargain it would have been be rude not to!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.ladiesshoessize8.org.uk
At my local Target yesterday I snagged some adorable Mossimo Odell flats in black with some cute flowery ribbon detail on clearance for $3.24!!! They had some Odell black-and-red plaid ones too, but not in my size. :(
ReplyDeleteThought I'd give you the heads up since a girl can never have too many pairs of adorable & comfortable flats!