Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Yellow and Turquoise Bedroom

I have a lot of free time on my hands now that B's back in class for the spring semester. And after cramming the first three (and in my opinion only funny) seasons of The Office into my work trips in January, I've got some spare time.

That Anthropologie quilt I posted last week sparked something in me. I wanted to decorate a room around it. Without actually buying it - we're full up on bedding here at imperfect. So I pretended - and redid the guest room around two Anthropologie quilts. And I decided to re-do it into a shared room for sisters because looking through the Pottery Barn Kids catalog that comes to our childless home's door makes me gag from an overdose of bubblegum pink and lavender. Nothing against pink (but plenty against lavender).

I doubt we'll live in this house long enough to see two siblings of the same sex (let alone girls) and both out of cribs sharing that back bedroom, but you never know.


There's no turquoise in the quilts that inspired this pretend, "I want to indefinitely borrow the 5 year old twin girls who live next door just so I can paint some Jenny Lind beds for them to sleep in" room, and I like that. The turquoise works with the yellow (in my spring craving mind) without screaming matchy matchy. And I love that these two different quilts coordinate but aren't the same - kids need their own things, ya know?

Anyone want to lend me some 5 year old girls? I'd like two of them. I'll provide the yellow and turquoise.

20 comments:

  1. For a creeper requesting 5 year old girls, you are hilarious and have good taste to make up for it lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a creeper requesting 5 year old girls, you are hilarious and have good taste to make up for it lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Leah, I promise my intentions are only to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some 4 year old twins here I could bring over . . although I guess one is a boy so never mind. Cute quilts though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE yellow and turquoise together. I am already planning to decorate a future nursery using that color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have twins I could lend you, but they are almost 14….so I'm sure you don't want two hormonal teenagers! Ha! But amazingly their room is a blueish-turquoise, yellow and brown.... not flowers but large dots. I got their bedding at Target, and their walls are painted to coordinate. I still would like to find coordinating furniture to go in their room. Right now they have hand-me-down walnut stuff from the 1940's that belonged to my husband's grandma. I would paint over it, but the wood is actually in great condition, plus my husband wants to keep it the way it is. I am always on the look out for cheap stuff at garage sales or Craig’s list that would work. I like your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can take my little ones - or actually, you can come in and decorate my home for me - mmmmkay?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this room. I kinda want it for me.

    And, I just have a major crush on the bed especially.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very very cute. I love all those colors thrown together. you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how did you make that arrangement of photos? It's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out so good, I really like it paired with the turquoise. All I have is boys, so I won't get to use this either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those colors are the best combo. When I get married, those are going to be my colors. That is how much I love them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will you only take 5 yr old girls? Because this twenty-something girl would be happy to move in (with her husband and golden retriever).

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband informed me that the only way we are having kids is if I can give him two redheaded twin girls. :-) And they have to be cute, too. :-) I told him it's a little hard to special order kids!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No kids, but I love the room! Super cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. no kids to let you borrow, but i love the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your & B's comment on snow Chester made my night. The double Cs would look so cute romping in the snow together. Are you sure you can't come visit? When it all melts, they could swim together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You KNOW that I love me a good turquoise. I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete