Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Card Display

I was so worried that we wouldn't get Christmas cards this year, what with everyone claiming there's no point in sending one because everyone sees the family pictures on Facebook first, anyway.  Bah humbugs.  Thank goodness for Shutterfly's link building scheme that innundated Google Readers everywhere with the same post on every blog but assured me at least one more year of Christmas Cards.

And, since we were throwing a Christmas party this year, I couldn't just pile all the cards in a bowl like I usually do.  Nope, they needed a prominent display.

I bought jute webbing (for reupholstering chairs) at Hobby Lobby and hung a strip on our basement door - which just so happens to be the first thing you see when you walk through our front door.  Then I used clothespins to clip the Christmas cards to the jute.


For the first week we had two cards on the ribbon and I was nervous.  But the cards have been flooding in and I'm loving it.  We'll need an extra strip of jute next year if this pace keeps up.



Merry Merry!  I love this part of the holidays!

9 comments:

  1. this looks so cute! I have one of those wire wreaths that I put mine in but you can't really see them once we get alot. I may have to steal this idea next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! I think that's my favorite Christmas card display idea I've seen all season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great place for the cards! ours are getting a little overwhelming! I can't wait to meet him either! Just need all the legal work to come together and then we'll be ready for him to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is fun! But you will have to keep it up into the new year because our card will be arriving late, as a joint birth announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! and you had a baby this year! i think that's a pretty big accomplishment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is exactly how I display mine! How fabulous are we? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this - so cute and crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the webbing. It's perfect. Thank goodness for free cards, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! You are so much more creative than me. I just taped mine to the hall closet door. It looked nice, although boring, until we had too many and it good cluttered looking. Not only is yours more festive but i has more card space.

    By the way, I LOVE sending and receiving christmas cards. I hope people continue to send them.

    ReplyDelete