Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blog Business and a Missing Email

I've been doing some blog houeskeeping - and in doing so I lost my blogroll and a few emails. I'm slowly adding the blog roll back, so if you're missing, it's not personal.  Promise.  I'll get there.  Also, if you're not getting a response email from me, I probably lost the email accidentally.  I'm sorry!  Get your act together, Emily.

I do remember the content of one of the emails, but just don't have the address to respond to it.  So, someone emailed me asking me about my IKEA slipcover and how often I wash it/practical it is. I'm sorry I haven't responded!  Here's your answer.



We'e had the IKEA Ektorp sofa for a year now and I love it still. I wash the white slipcover about every three months (or when we have a real spill - it's happened) and air dry it - it's held up great and I've never even needed to bleach it.  It comes clean just on a regular wash with detergent.  With the air drying it's about a day long process - and I think I could put it in the dryer at this point - but we still sit on the couch un-slipcovered. For my birthday my mom picked up an extra white slipcover for me while she was at IKEA in case we need to do a quicker sofa change.  And at $49, it just makes sense to have an extra.  If you have anymore questions about it, email me again and I'll do my best not to lose it this time!

6 comments:

  1. i love your sofa! your testimony to the ability to wash slipcovers helps - but i still don't think i could brave white! (roxy sneaks naps on the couch when we aren't home...i would be washing daily - that dog is dirty!)

    ps - thank you so much for including me in your blogroll - you're consistently the #1 traffic source for mine, so i really appreciate it! that, and i love imperfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're still debating the Ektorp in gray. Black dog hair + White sofa = A MESS so I appreciate another person's experience with it.

    How are y'all doing budget wise? Any more inexpensive grocery/meal tips?

    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a brave woman. I would be a nervous wreck with a white sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo woo, I got a shout-out! (The email was from me.) We've had Ektorp for a few years and I'm picking out new covers. I love the white, but I just don't think I could handle it.

    I put mine in the dryer, btw. Works just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, I got nervous for a second but I saw me on the ol blogroll. You're also my numero uno source for traffic so you have a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So smart to have a second slipcover. I have a RH couch (from the outlet) and wash the slipcover regularly. But it is a full weekend process and at this point the back edges are fraying.

    ReplyDelete