Mr. B and our neighbor made a ton of progress on our side yard project. The boys started by digging french drains for our downspouts and laying out the playground area (no pictures yet - still work to do). After we girls were able to go look at patio pavers together and decide which ones we liked (I picked these cobblestone-esque 16x16 pavers at Lowes. They're
Charcoal and Tan. Which works perfectly in a space shared by a tan house
and a charcoal house), the boys got to work digging, tamping, and laying the patio and small retaining wall.
Just pretend that our fence is painted, it helps the visualizing. Anyway, it took about a week of working at night after dinner and kids were in bed for the patio and retaining wall to be ready for our inaugural fire pit. And we've been out there every other night since it was completed.
Please excuse the dog butts - I was working with darkness and a limited window of time between first fire pit lighting and first marshmallow roasting. Now it's the girls' job to stain the chairs and pick materials for big planter boxes that will flank the patio,and the crusher fines, river rock and trees are being delivered today. It's going to be awesome when this is all complete - which is going to happen quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





This is so awesome! You guys work so fast! I love the chairs and the patio pavers you chose. What a wonderful space to share a cold drink and good company.
ReplyDeleteThis looks great! It's so nice that you guys can share a space and the work that goes into it!
ReplyDeleteWooo! What a great spot for you guys to have!
ReplyDeleteI love those chairs! It looks like a great spot to hang out!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great space! It sounds like it is going to come together quickly. Nightly marshmallow roasting with the neighbors sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteThis is so exciting!! How fun!!
ReplyDeleteVERY nice! What a nice relaxing spot now. Great that you are already getting good use out of it.
ReplyDeleteSo awesome! I wish I lived next to you!!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh! Emily it looks great!
ReplyDeleteDude, it looks great! That's pretty much the perfect set-up. I'm interested in these planter boxes too...got plans for those?
ReplyDelete