Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip

It's been awhile since I posted a recipe around here. It's been awhile since I cooked around here. I start slacking around the mention of the first snowfall. But, I do have a recipe to share. And it's amazing. The perfect appetizer - for football games, Christmas parties, whatever floats your boat.

It's pretty much just the Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Chicken - nothing new or different, but I hadn't tried it before so I thought I'd share it with you all.



You'll need:
1- 8 oz Package Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce (this is a staple in the McKevitt household.)
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (or shredded mozzarella cheese if you're not too much of a blue cheese fan)
2 chicken breasts boiled and shredded. (The Frank's recipe calls for canned chicken. I'm scared of canned chicken, so I go with the real deal).
Cheddar cheese for topping (optional, but when in doubt I always add more cheese).

Mix the cream cheese in a deep pyrex dish with a fork until it's smooth - stir in the dressing, Frank's, blue cheese crumbles and shredded chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Serve with tortilla chips, crackers and celery. It's so good.

5 comments:

  1. I hate canned chicken. BLECH.

    Blue cheese though? THAT I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best. Dip. Ever!

    We've had this at a few of our recent football watching parties and literally at half time the group migrates to the kitchen and we all stand around the dish eating, eating, and eating. The dip disappears in minutes, it's so good!

    And for those that don't want to use canned chicken, just cook a chicken and pull apart with two forks into tiny, tiny pieces.

    Thanks for sharing Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of our favorite appetizers for parties. I don't care for blue cheese, and substitute ranch and chedder. ;)

    I've been horrible about cooking lately. I can't even remember when the last time I really made something different. Or at all. I'm getting into the bad habit of convincing Ryan to get take-out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make something similar to this and my husband is in LOVE with it. I will have to try your version too :)

    ReplyDelete