Pin It button on image hover

Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 in Review

January - We started 2011 in full swing with a trip to Washington DC to visit family and friends and attend a beautiful wedding.

February - Mr. B's birthday brewery tour with all of our friends and my dad's 60th.

March - Relative calm before the storm: St. Patrick's Day, hard core working out, bonding with our new neighbors.


April - Trip to Florida to visit Mr. B's grandparents and get some beach time, returning home to learn about a serious investigation and its outcome at daycare, I entered survival mode while Mr. B did his best to distract me with model home tours - then we'd come home and realize we didn't want to move and embark on house projects.  So we kept busy until we were feeling better about the world.



May - Wedding #2 for the year, side yard project with our neighbors.


June - Thomas's 1st birthday!


July - Kitchen Renovation Phase 1 - Painting the cabinets


August -Kitchen Renovation Phase 2 - Installation of new counter tops, my mom's 60th, and a fun trip to Oregon for our friends' wedding and a great beach vacation.


September - Kitchen Renovation Phase 3 - Subway tile backsplash, 4th wedding of the year in the Colorado mountains.


October - Our 3rd niece is born! Otherwise, a relatively calm month - we started to regain a sense of control over our lives!

November - Thanksgiving in the mountains with my family, meeting my sweet new niece, and just savoring the sweet moments with family.



December - Christmas fun with our busy toddler.


Looking into 2012: We're thrilled to be expecting McKiddle #2 on or around June 11th (just 6 days before Tom's 2nd birthday)! Lots of updates on upstairs projects as we transition Thomas to a bigger room and prep the nursery for a second little McKevitt to come! Plus, I'll finally share our banquette and kitchen nook reveal!

39 comments:

  1. yay!!! Congrats on Baby #2 - so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the expanding fam! Sounds like 2012 will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful 2012 for you guys! Congrats on the new baby! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a year and what a blessing! Congrats Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! More babies! Congratulations on your second precious baby, he/she will obviously be as cute as Thomas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun year!! and sounds like 2012 is going to be even more fun! congrats!!! another little adorable baby to add to your fam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!! I've had a strong feeling this was the case. :) I'm so excited for you Emily - congrats to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like 2011 was a great year, and that your 2012 is shaping up to more of the same!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HURRAY!!! Look at you, so nonchalantly putting that out in the blogosphere!! :) And hurray I don't have to keep biting my tongue anymore!! I can't wait to hear all your plans for McKiddle #2!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Emily! I'm so excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun year!! Congratulations on the coming baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yayyyyyyyy on the second McKiddle -- and on sharing the great news! I won't die of shock this time when you give birth, like I did with Thomas :) Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on baby #2 - 2012 is going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on baby #2! Are you guys going to find out the sex ahead of time? So exciting. Still totally loving your kitchen. Thomas is getting so big and is adorable.
    --jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Emily - congratulations to you and Mr. B! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!! June is going to be a busy month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys had a busy year! But it sounds like 2012 will be even busier/better! Congratulations on the second baby!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm delurking to say congrats!!! Also, loved you re-cap of your year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! I'm so happy for you! Another beautiful McBaby on the way. ;) And your 2011 looks like it was quite great (with a few bumps along the way). 2012 going to be lots better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay!!! Congrats!! So happy for you all. Although I'm sure poor Casco won't know what hit him.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on the upcoming addition to your beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations Emily! Best wishes of a fulfilled 2012

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a freakin year for you guys! You were so productive! And yay for another lil Mc! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh what WONDERFUL news!! Congratulations on McKiddle #2... can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats, Emily! It was so fun to read your news and Kim's news in the same day. Here's to a great 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on the future McKiddle!! Looking forward to another great year of reading your imperfect blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats!! I don't comment much, but I do read your blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  29. YAY Emily & Mr. B!! Wow, babies and banquettes and yearly recaps! Love it!

    Seriously so very happy for you guys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations on a great year and not letting your daycare woes bring you do. ALSO congratulations on your pregnancy! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sarah just told me about McKiddle #2 today, and I was all... WAIT? WHAT?? HOW DID I MISS THAT?!?!

    Congratulations!! I'm very happy for you guys! Thomas is in for a whole bunch of big brother fun!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yeah how exciting! Congratulations on your news!

    ReplyDelete