Pin It button on image hover

Friday, March 30, 2012

Recipe Review: Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps

I realize it's been recipe central over here - I really do have rooms to share, I'm just waiting on finishing touches to arrive. I've been wanting very summery foods lately - chicken salad lettuce wraps,  keylime pie, strawberry shortcake - basically the girl who loves chocolate wants only fruity desserts. Who knows what that means. But B and I always love all things buffalo wing-like, too. So when I saw this recipe for Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps on The Girl Who Ate Everything, I knew they'd be a hit all around. And they were. Light, delicious and satisfying - if you like wings, you'll like these, I believe.


Buffalo Wing Turkey Lettuce Wraps via The Girl Who Ate Everything

1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3/4 cup carrot shavings
1 cup celery, diced
1 head iceberg lettuce, leaves removed for wraps
salt and pepper
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo wing sauce
Blue cheese crumbles or blue cheese dressing to drizzle over the top (I used a tiny bit of both)


1. In a skillet, saute the onions over medium heat until soft, add garlic and cook for another minute. Add grown turkey and salt and pepper to taste, cook until cooked through and drain grease.

2. Return meat to pan and stir in the wing sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer for a couple of minutes.

3. Place buffalo wing turkey meat into lettuce cups, top with a few carrot shavings and chopped celery. Sprinkle with some blue cheese crumbles and/or dressing.

Mr. B loved these - and he's stingy with his food love declarations.





 
Pin It



2 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of wings but I'll have to give them a try. John loves wings and his bday is coming up...could be a fun surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made your Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps recipe last night- It was so good and Hubby approved! It's been added to our rotation. Thanks!

    www.BMOREDomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete