Pin It button on image hover

Friday, May 4, 2012

Garden Update



We've had a very warm Spring for Colorado. Normally I plant our tomatoes and basil the first week of June, but I decided to risk it this year and move it up a month. I have wall-o-waters around the tomatoes and milk jug terrariums for the basil plants at night, and I figure that for what I spent on the plants (super sale got me a tomato plant and 3 basil plants for $6), if my experiment doesn't work out, no tears will be shed. I'll hold off another couple weeks on the rest of our starts, but I couldn't wait to get the basil and one tomato plant (I'm experimenting to see if we can get fruit earlier this year) in the ground. Patience has never been my strong suit. 





Our "cool-weather" lettuce, spinach and kale have been producing like crazy, too, and I love eating our dinner salads from the garden every night. 

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of your raised bed. They are so neat and clean. I'd like to get things in the ground next weekend, but we'll see if I can put my lazy behind to work. I'd blame pregnancy, but you are pregnant and have a little guy running around. So, I won't. ;)

    Looking forward to seeing how your plants do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got all of my seeds planted yesterday and I can't wait for them to sprout and get them in the ground outside! I hope the weather stays cooperative and you get early fruit! Our weather has been pretty wonky here too. Random overnight frost well past the supposed safe date swiftly followed by uncommonly warm days. Sheesh. Make up your minds weather gods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is inspiring me to get on some planting of my own :)

    ReplyDelete