Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall Around The House

I love Fall. Enough to decorate for it - and keep decorations in storage the remainder of the year. And we all know that's big for this minimalist. That being said, my Fall decor pales in comparison to so many others. But I'm taking baby steps. I think it's the kids that are softening me up and causing me to embrace seasonal decor. As Thomas starts to discover the holidays and seasons and I watch his face light up at every pumpkin we see, it's so much more fun. And I look forward to Nell discovering the magic of holidays and seasons, too. Just not too soon, little lady. I'm in no rush to move beyond the baby stage.  

So, our minimal seasonal decor tour begins at the console table just opposite the front door. Two white pumpkins and a little white gourd that Thomas and I made into a ghost.  They never stay here...Thomas pulls them off the console about thirty times a day and makes a "pumpkin patch" on the floor. The real pumpkin patch we're taking him to this week is going to blow his mind.


And then you take about three steps into our living room and you've got our mantle. Featuring the pennant banner Kim sent me three years ago, the Fall printable that my mom and I made last year, Thomas's pumpkin from his first pumpkin patch adventure with his Gigi and his pumpkin bucket.


And a few more steps into the kitchen, you're greeted by my white ceramic pumpkin cookie jar/soup tureen. Two guesses which of those foods fills it at this house. Yeah, definitely not the soup.



And my kitchen bulletin board, with mustard fall fabric for a backdrop to our family pictures/invitations and Thomas's pumpkin craft.


And that's Fall inside this imperfect little house. If you're just joining us and need a lay of the land, you can see how our house looks year round in this House Tour. How's your fall decor shaping up?  Stop back later this week - I'm finally going to share Thomas's board and batten nursery revamped to become Nell's nursery. No big deal, she's only four months old and I'm finally just declaring it as done as it ever will be.

Linking up to The Inspired Room.

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. As always, I love. I really have no pumpkinish stuff up...I'm at a loss with how to incorporate the orange with all the blue in our house. But the white pumpkins are genius.

    PS- I made the Crockpot Lasagna yesterday, and it was a huge hit! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. White pumpkins for the win. Love those! Can't wait to see Nell's room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This decor might not be quite up to the level of some of the blogs you read, but I think it's amazing! Your home is so lovely. And I love that little gourd ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so great. And we have matching mantels with the pennants. I really like the white pumpkins, I'm thinking about painting all mine to make them less orange.

    ReplyDelete