Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Yah Man

I ate, drank and swam my way through Jamaica. Except that the swimming was more like floating on a raft in the ocean and somehow didn't compensate for the eating and drinking. So this morning I was back to the daily grind, getting up early to run off some of the Hummingbirds that camped out on my thighs over the last eight days.

Oh, what's that? What's a Hummingbird, you ask? Ohhh, let me enlighten you.
Disclaimer: This photo was taken after 7 days of drinking and eating, and after about 4 of these beautiful drinks in a two hour time span. When I'm sober, I generally try to minimize the appearance of my double chin, and when I eat less it sometimes goes away for good.

This is my all time favorite drink -- yes, beating out wine -- at least for the next few days. Mr. B made fun of me the whole trip, but I did notice that he was asking for the blender leftovers when the whole batch didn't fit into my glass. Which was every time.

So, if you happen to know where you can get your hands on some Rum Cream, give this a try. It tastes like a strawberry milkshake, but better because it's alcoholic.

The Hummingbird:
1 Banana
Ice
Coffee Liqueur
Rum Cream
Strawberries or Strawberry Syrup

Blend the ingredients together and enjoy. Let me warn you, I don't think that Rum Cream is exactly the healthiest, but the banana and strawberries had me convinced that I was at least eating two servings of fruit with every drink. Think about that...sometimes you have to sacrifice calories for a good way to eat fruit.

Enjoy your drinks, I'll be at the track helping my thighs and liver recover. Until the next glass of wine is served, at least.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...wonder if this could be my entry into the world of fruit? Nah. I think I'll stick with my wine. The strawberries scared me off.

    Hope you had a wonderful time on your honeymoon!!

    ReplyDelete