Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Let's Talk About...

What I should wear to my brother's wedding. He's getting married in October and my sister and I are not in the wedding. I ordered my dress for the wedding last Spring when I came across this dress at J.Crew that I just loved. I thought the brown would be perfect for a fall wedding:
So after I received the dress, I heard that the bridesmaids dresses had been changed from pink to brown. So I returned the dress.

My sister is wearing this peacock blue affair from Ann Taylor that she wore in a friend's wedding this summer:So now I'm thinking that I need to complement the sister for photos. And it needs to be fall-ish, because October in Colorado could be beautiful and sunny or 3 feet of snow.

I like this dress because plum is the new black. It's actually the same style as my own bridesmaids dresses, which was comfy, cute and photographed well. Does plum work with the sissy's dress?

I tried to find something in a burnt orange but had no luck, and think that might be a bit flashy for a wedding that I'm not actually in.

Here's a pleated dress that I really like (of course I love it in brown), but that comes in red and a forest green. Is red too flashy? (Edit: Yes, red is too flashy. Thanks girls for laying down the law. Maybe the green, but I'm kind of over green).

Color suggestions? I'm drawn to the plum of the Ann Taylor and to the pleats of the Nordstrom, and am open to whole new ideas. My BFF Emily, and one of my bridesmaids, told me I could wear the dress she wore in my wedding, but I obviously don't want to do that. Plus, she's invited to the shindig, so she might wear it herself.

4 comments:

  1. look @ macys.com too - sometimes they have something that is unexpectedly beautiful yet affordable.

    I love the idea of the purple with the blue...what color is your mom wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a cute orange dress:
    http://tinyurl.com/6pln2p


    And this one is peacock blue which I love in the fall:
    http://tinyurl.com/6fzt7r

    I also love Maggie London for weddings:
    http://tinyurl.com/5ne4bd

    -Nestie BellaKelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the plum dress and it would look fab next to your sis's blue--jewel tones, you know?

    I'd say no on the red b/c I've seen photos on the Knot of 1 red-wearing guest sticking out like a sore thumb next to the bride and all else.

    I hear ya on 'Rado's wonky fall weather. The last Oct. wedding we went to started out @ 65 degrees, then started to snow by reception time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE the plum dress! And you're right--that's the go-to color this fall. I'm loving it. That one's the winner in my book.

    And even though the pleated dress is so cute, I wouldn't wear red to a wedding.

    ReplyDelete