The first thing I tackled when we walked in the door from our honeymoon was our pantry. Over the past year it's gotten a little out of control - mostly because Mr. B's mom went on a diet and shipped all of her pre-diet foods down to our house. Oh, thank you so much. I definitely need 3 gallons of fat-full Ranch dressing to help me look great in a wedding dress. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't do knick-knacks and I despise clutter, but somewhow, the pantry got out of control.
So, armed with the tiered rack and OXO pop containers I got at my Kitchen shower, I went to town on the ridiculous excuse for a shelved pantry. Really, who puts 4 shelves that stop at about 6 feet in a pantry with 9 foot ceilings? I'm sure we'll add shelves as our accumulation of baking items increases, but for now I decided to make our 4 paltry shelves work. It's no Real-Simple and G&D approved pantry, but it's organized for me.
So, armed with the tiered rack and OXO pop containers I got at my Kitchen shower, I went to town on the ridiculous excuse for a shelved pantry. Really, who puts 4 shelves that stop at about 6 feet in a pantry with 9 foot ceilings? I'm sure we'll add shelves as our accumulation of baking items increases, but for now I decided to make our 4 paltry shelves work. It's no Real-Simple and G&D approved pantry, but it's organized for me.

(Can you tell that we eat a lot of tacos, enchiladas and other delicious spicy Mexican food? I LOVE Mexican food.)





LOL at "fat-full" Ranch dressing, heehee!
ReplyDeleteYou are so flattering! Let's be BFF's. Seriously. That way I can walk around with a huge head all day long. Which would work out well for you too, b/c you'd always be the girl with the adorable normal-sized head. Win-win.
And you can definitely consider this pantry G&D approved! I think it looks great! And bonus points for the hook on the door--love it!
There's no way we weren't separated at birth. Add love of Mexican food and carbs to the list of our similarities.
How many words can you fit in a blog comment?? I guess we'll find out! This has got to be a record for for me, but just wanted to add one more thing--your point about the kids' rooms (in my post) was intersting. Now you've got me thinking about it too!
Wow. That was a long one. :P
ReplyDeleteMex food is the best...i have the same pantry problem - it is too small and if it was organized (aka no food was in there) then I would lose like 15 lbs and let's be serious...losing weight is no fun :)
ReplyDeletek