Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hawaiian Chicken

Darling Katie over at Bower Power requested recipes from the shower I threw last weekend, and I'm hard at work pulling those together, but in the meantime, thought I'd share the crock-pot meal we had last night. It was tasty, and I'll make it again, but I preferred the Salsa Chicken:

Hawaiian Chicken

You'll need:
Chicken breasts (I always use 2 because I'm not big on leftovers, but these recipes will be good for 4 - 6, too.)
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 can pineapple slices (The slices are more picturesque. I only had chunks, and you know what, they taste the same. Amazing.)
1 Tablespoon garlic
Note: If you're making more than two chicken breasts, you might consider upping the Soy Sauce and Brown Sugar to 1/3 cup each for the sake of sauciness.

Place the chicken breasts in the CP and cover with pineapple (juice reserved). Mix Soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and pineapple juice together and pour over the mixture. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours. Serve over brown rice.

And now for the obligatory pic, my apologies that I don't have an after and that my photo software wouldn't turn the pic this time around:
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I am dying to know how to make the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!!! Oh please share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh!! I'm all about hearing your crock pot recipes! I've decided I'm going to try to make a crock pot meal 1/week so I don't have to worry about prepping dinner when I get home. Looking forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete