Which do you prefer:
Kitchen Counter Knick-Knacks?
I'm personally not a fan of knick-knacks, but keeping those counter tops clean and clutter-free is a chore. We keep our mixer on our counters at all times - but everything else gets put away. But even with the paper towel holder and knife block, the clutter creeps up on me. What's your counter top philosophy? Anything goes, nothing at all, or one or two items? Sound off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I can't keep anything free of accessories -- but I can't deny I love the look of simple, clean lines.
ReplyDeleteMy counter tops are filled with a breadbox, coffee pot, paper towel holder, bowl of fruit, cookbook, salt and pepper shakers, block of knives....yeah, you get the idea! I do have decor only items too, a wine bottle with lights in it, a faux lemon tree...
I like to have my counters clear, but I do leave some appliances out-coffe maker, Kitchen Aid mixer, toaster oven. Although, our space doesn't look cluttered b/c they are all neatly against the wall.
ReplyDeleteClutter free counters for me! We don't have much counter space to begin with, so we've got to keep them clean and cleared off or I get to feeling claustrophobic.
ReplyDeleteAlso, how on earth could you cover up those b-e-a-utiful countertops in the second photo? One day when I drop a large check for something like that, there won't be ANY clutter near...
I am always a less is more kind of person when it comes to clutter so I say less. I only keep the coffee maker out since we use it more than once a week. All other appliances stay in the pantry. G/L!
ReplyDeleteI am in the middle--I want my house to look like a HOME, and not a real estate listing, but I also don't want crap all over my counters all the time.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, I think I probably fall into the latter category more often than I care to.
We have virtually no counter top space or cabinets, so unfortunately we clutter.
ReplyDeleteI prefer nothing on counters....
ReplyDeletebut it rarely happens.
But, since I have very little counter space, we mostly put away our small appliances.
I would really prefer the counters to be clear, but with our limited cabinet space it becomes difficult to store everything.
ReplyDeleteI would love a kitchen like the second one you posted, unfortunately it's not possible with my kitchen. I always keep my KA mixer, knives, and paper towel dispenser on the counter, but I also have to have my microwave on the counter. I really hate, but there is no where else for it.
ReplyDeleteA bare bones countertop is one of my many joys! I let G have his knife block in the corner, but that's all I can handle.
ReplyDeleteClean and free is my motto! (Sounds like an STD commercial, LOL.)
ReplyDeleteWe also have very little counterspace though. The only things we have are: coffee maker & a small dishrack.
Sparse and sparkling for SURE! My husband and I tend to argue about this too. hahaha. He takes out the toaster...I put it away...he yells we should leave it out...I yell the counters need to stay clean. On and on and on. LOL!
ReplyDeleteI prefer the sleek and slick look..nothing at all but I can't make that happen. We have little cabinet space and that means our counters are a collect all :( We have can opener, coffee pot, spices, knife block and our canisters on the counter. One day in my great big kitchen there wont be anything!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Em! Just getting around to responding to some of my more recent blog comments!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to hear you liked your Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte! YUM!
Ooh! And thanks for the comments about appearing on TYH! That was so exciting to see! And that's too funny about them crediting G. Did they just pick the wrong initial or something? By the time I saw the post it said D, so I'm guessing you corrected them, lol! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteMy kitchen counter has a few small things on it- canisters, coffemaker, knives and utensils- but they all match my kitchen. (Black and white with bits of red and stainless steel appliances.)
ReplyDeleteThat's okay, right?
I love the clean, open, uncluttered feel in my kitchen. I tend to be drawn to arranging "cluttered" groupings throughout the rest of my home, but my kitchen needs to be free of clutter. I love collections and displays of things I love but it bugs me in my kitchen!
ReplyDeleteoh..appliances...well. I have my coffee pot (used daily), my toaster oven, (used during the week) and a counter top microwave...but that is it for appliances. I have a crock for wooden utensils, a knife block and a wine rack. That is it. Well, we DO have a small kitchen. I have to take some pics to post on my own blog.....yup...note to self...
ReplyDeleteDefinitely sparse and sparkling! I have zero counter space so keeping it cleaned off helps make the kitchen look a little bigger.
ReplyDeleteLol - you girls sure know what you like!
ReplyDeleteAlaina - Your kitchen sounds darling! I think the red, black and white sounds super cute.