For those of you who haven't quite left summer behind, or for those of you whose hubs received Serrano chile pepper seed kits at the office White Elephant Gift exchange last December which just produced a bountiful September harvest, have I got the recipe for you!
In an effort to use up his Serrano's, Mr. B has been combing the internets for any recipe that calls for Serrano chiles. I got a text message yesterday while at work "Please pick up carpet cleaner. Cucumber. Lime. Red Onion." Luckily for all of you, the carpet cleaner's not for the salsa. Unluckily for me, it was for my carpet.
So, for this episode of "Cooking with Em - errr, Mr. B", I present Avocado Serrano Salsa. It's SOOO good, and a fresh take on Salsa for your next dinner party appetizer. Seriously, delicious.
Avocado Serrano Salsa
Recipe from Nueva Salsa: Recipes to Spice It Up
Seed and Dice 1/2 cucumber
Chop 2 ripe avocados
Dice 1 red Onion
Chop up your beloved Serranos (2 - 4 depending on how much spice you like in your life) and say a little prayer that this December the hubs gets an ice scraper instead of a plant at the office party.
Combine all your chopped and diced ingredients. Then add salt and pepper to taste and GENTLY stir that in with the juice of 1/2 a lime.
We served this up (for dinner!) on some homemade Tortilla Chips (I'm going to milk that for a whole separate post during my blog idea drought, please don't hate me loving readers). I made the chips, because we like to do things 50/50 around here.
Realize that this salsa is SO good you could eat it happily for the rest of your life. Take back your prayer and hope that the hubs gets TWO pepper seed kits at the White Elephant Exchange this year. I've heard good things about poblanos, Electrical Engineers where Mr. B works. Look for Poblano kits, ok? K, great, thanks!
Unfortunately, this salsa will only refrigerate for about a day, so plan to eat lots of deliciousness quickly or whip it up for a party. Enjoy!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




We add a can of corn, a can of black beans and some cilantro to that same mix (minus the cukes) and it's oh so yummy!
ReplyDeleteOH.MY.GAH. You had me at avocado. Yum!! Thx for sharing.
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for partaking in my little contest and for you sweet comments. If you had won, I probably would have delivered your prizes in person, neighbor!!
YUM! Thank you for sharing!!!
ReplyDeleteI made this for a party and it was so good. Thanks for sharing. You'll have to watch for an upcoming post with props to you.
ReplyDelete