Garlic Lemon Chicken
Adapted from TheKitchn.com
Meet the Team:
2-4 Chicken Breasts
3 Garlic cloves minced
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt
Dried Thyme
Dried Rosemary
1 Lemon
3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Water
Zest the lemon. Don't you just love zesting? I tried to take a picture but I can't hold a lemon in one hand, zester in the other and take a picture. I need to work on that. Combine the garlic, olive oil, salt, thyme, rosemary, and zest from the lemon in a bowl. Mix it up with your fingers to make a rub, please don't waste a spoon on this step.
Now take your chicken and coat it in the rub. Get 'er good. I pulled little parts of the chicken breast up and got the rub in all the crevices. Mmmm.
Put your chicken in your crock-pot. Mix together lemon juice and soy sauce and pour over the chicken. Then, take the lemon you zested, cut it into fours, and toss those in there. I have no idea if that helps, but it sounded like a good idea to me.
After this step, I threw some more thyme and rosemary on top. Just sprinkle it over the chicken, it's delish. Then pour in the water around the chicken.
Cook on low 6 - 8 hours, and serve. Here's a picture of leftovers being packaged with rice pilaf. I'm a bad blogger. When the chicken comes out of the crock, all I can think about is eating. You want me to take a picture before it hits the table? Tough.




This sounds delish, thank you, I have been eating your salsa chicken for dinner a lot lately.
ReplyDelete