
So, part of the honor of winning this award is to name 6 things I'm thankful for, then to pass the award on to 6 of my favorite blogs.
Things I am Thankful For:
1. Mr. B - We've been through a lot together, and our first couple months of marriage have been a mix of every kind of emotion: joy, heartbreak, anger, fear. I'm so thankful for his patience and unwavering support as I've encountered more than my fair share of obstacles in the last 4 months. He's my absolute best friend.
2. My family - I know that I get the ability to laugh at my life and make the best of situations from somewhere, and it's gotta be my family who keeps me humble, smiling and thankful for all that I do have.
3. A roof over our heads. Sure, it's caused a few thousand dollars worth of damage to our walls and hardwoods in the last few months, but I know that we're so lucky to be in the situation we're in where we can be homeowners.
4. Casco. He drives me nuts sometimes, gets into trouble and only listens to B, but he keeps my feet warm in the morning after B's left for work, he runs to greet me at the door when I get home, and his cute face always cheers me up.
5. My life in general. I was at my parents house this weekend and my mom and I were out for a walk talking about my now jobless future. We ran into a family I grew up babysitting for - they had three children, and my sister and I started babysitting for them when the middle child was a week old. In August, their two youngest children were killed in an unfathomable freak accident. I've struggled daily with the deaths of these two kids that I watched grow-up, but nothing in comparison to what they will be dealing with forever. I've realized how very little so many things that seem so big actually matter.
6. Health and happiness - Sure, I sprain my ankle once a quarter and cry over a cavity, but we're very lucky to be as healthy as we are.
Time to pass it on:
Time to pass it on:
1. D at All Things G&D. I think it's safe to say that I have an unhealthy obsession for D. She claims it's mutual, but she might just be trying to be nice. I love her blog, live for her posts and go through withdrawals when she ditches her blog for teenage vampires.
2. Katie at Bower Power. What can I say, this girl was one of my first blog friends. Katie, D and my next honoree were the only people who commented on my blog for at least the first month. She's hysterical, beautiful, crafty and likes to rub in that she lives by an IKEA. It's a love-hate - just kidding - all love - relationship.
3. Freckles Chick. FC rocks my world. She has the best style, and luckily for me, she recently spent SEVERAL HOURS pulling together idea boards to help me conquer my office dilemma. Love her.
4. Kim at NewlyWoodwards. I think Kim found me, and then I found her, but however it worked out, I'm so glad because I love her daily posts. And I realllllly love her stained front stoop.
5. Kristi at Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherrys. Her blog is so fun, and I especially love her Friday food posts. Check it out.
6. Laurel at Ducks in a Row. Laurel has the most beautiful family I've ever seen, is an expert sewer and the new owner of a Crate and Barrel coffee table that I am so jealous of.
2. Katie at Bower Power. What can I say, this girl was one of my first blog friends. Katie, D and my next honoree were the only people who commented on my blog for at least the first month. She's hysterical, beautiful, crafty and likes to rub in that she lives by an IKEA. It's a love-hate - just kidding - all love - relationship.
3. Freckles Chick. FC rocks my world. She has the best style, and luckily for me, she recently spent SEVERAL HOURS pulling together idea boards to help me conquer my office dilemma. Love her.
4. Kim at NewlyWoodwards. I think Kim found me, and then I found her, but however it worked out, I'm so glad because I love her daily posts. And I realllllly love her stained front stoop.
5. Kristi at Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherrys. Her blog is so fun, and I especially love her Friday food posts. Check it out.
6. Laurel at Ducks in a Row. Laurel has the most beautiful family I've ever seen, is an expert sewer and the new owner of a Crate and Barrel coffee table that I am so jealous of.




whatev girl - you are sooo kreativ! you totally deserve it! after your slipcover masterpiece and your fantasmic shower details - you are thisclose to becoming martha stewart complete with klink time :)
ReplyDeleteYou are definitely deserving and "kreativ" - you always come up with great blog ideas. That's one of the reasons I love your blog so much.
ReplyDeletePS - Thanks for thinking of me. You know I like myself a tag. =)
I love your blog - you're so humble. Thanks for the nice things and passing it on. It's my first award, and I can't lie, I'm pretty flattered.
ReplyDeleteHeck freakin' yes, she has the right kreativ girl! Your blog always keeps me guessing. Not gonna lie, I sit glued to my blog roll, waiting for your next post to show up. Sure, sometimes I get to work late or don't show up at all.....or forget to eat, but I love me some Em!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the love, girl. I'm so honored that you thought of me =)
Thanks for the kind words and tag, Emily!!
ReplyDeleteAwww...I seriously love you!! Thank you so much for the honor!!
ReplyDelete