Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Smore's In a Jar/S'more Bars Tutorial

Cute Katie over at Bower Power requested a step-by-step tutorial of the S'mores in a Jar. She also requested that we time our pregnancies so we can be pregnant together. Problem with that is Katie has baby fever and I haven't met a child over the age of 8 that I actually like in a long time. Seriously. Are skateboards, baggy pants, bad attitudes and cigarettes back "in" for the youth of America? I'm not ready for that. So, I figured I'd pull myself off the couch for five minutes to oblige Katie on the request I'm capable of at this moment. She also asked for baking pictures, but the smell of food makes me sick to my stomach still, so this is the best I can do:

1. Go to Michael's or some other craft store and buy a Mason jar for like, $1.19.


2. Take a sleeve of graham crackers and mash them up. I like to use a meat mallet because I figure I should use that thing for something.



3. Pour the graham cracker crumbles into the mason jar.
4. Top with several layers of marshmallows, being sure to leave a hole in the middle of the marshmallows. I would suggest mini marshamallows for baking and layering purposes, but I couldn't find those and was about 35 seconds from crowd overload at the grocery store last Friday, so these jumbos will have to do.
5. Fill the hole between the marshmallows with brown sugar. Spoon it in there. Fill up the entire hole.
6. Top with red and green M&Ms, or chocolate chips, whatever strikes your fancy. The picture won't turn, and I'm too sick to fight with iPhoto.
7. Tie a cute ribbon around the jar, print out a tag to tie on, and call it good. This jar doesn't get a bow. I'm too sick for bows. Are you tired of hearing that I'm sick yet? Because I'm sick.
For the tag, you can put your name on the ones I made here or you can make your own that are cuter.


If you can't download the doc, just email me and I'll send you the file.

7 comments:

  1. YEA!!! Em - this is way 'smore' than I expected and so fast too! Thank you! I can't wait to flagrantly steal this idea and call it my own :)

    btw - one day I fully plan on dressing my baby in baggy pants and a backwards cap...and teach him to say "word to your motha"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea!! And I LOOOOVe the ribbon and tag you used. REALLY makes it special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what I'm looking for. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is delightful and I so enjoyed your sick bed commentary too! Thanks for the creative laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a freaking adorable gift idea. The yummiest things come in a jar (foods on sticks comes in at a close second).
    I hear ya on the youth of America. WTF, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Em, this is brilliant!! I HAVE to do this! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made 25 this weekend, thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete