Our old living room lamps were a hand-me-down from B's mom (who received them as a hand-me-down from B's Brother and Sister-in-law). They're great lamps, but when I saw the lamps that Target's Home Design Event was advertising, I couldn't help but be unfaithful.
The old lamp - which will find a new home (and maybe beadless/less-bohemian shade) in another room in our lamp challenged house.
It's fabulous. It's my signature color, it's thicker and interestingly shaped and fills the space between living and dining room better, and makes me smile when I walk into the room. I love lamp. And no, that's not dust on the table. Although, wth my housekeeping skills it's a real possibility. It's a bad DIY high gloss coat job. It will be sanded and redone (or replaced with real tables) at some point in the future.




I love that! It looks great.
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous! I was eyeing that same lamp at Target last week. It would look perfect in our Master. Looks great!
ReplyDeleteI've been watching that lamp - since This Young House have been talking about the Target design event. It's lovely! What a difference.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great purchase! I love the shade lining shining through with the light! Looking good :)
ReplyDeleteLove that lamp! I bought it last week for our downstairs, it's so cute.
ReplyDeleteMmm, love me some Target Home Design Event. It looks great! I officially declare that you're no longer lamp challenged. You can't be with that deliciousness in your house.
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Sherry (& John)
www.thisyounghouse.com
Ohhhh, I so wanted this lamp! It looks so perfect in your LR.
ReplyDeleteI'll be fine. I just need a moment to deal w/ my jealousy.
It looks great! I love the shade.
ReplyDeleteThe title of this post made me LOL! "Um--are you just looking at things in the room and saying you love them??" LMAO!!
ReplyDeleteOkay--off to read the actual post now...and still giggling...
i have been eying this lamp as well, but force myself to just say no because I am trying to join the lets stay on budget crowd. Not fun, but I guess it will be worth it one day. Great purchase, though.
ReplyDeleteThe new lamp looks beautiful Em--excellent choice!
ReplyDeletei love lamp, too. i almost got the same one even though it matches nothing in our house. love it!
ReplyDeleteI love the new lamp!! It fits the room perfectly!!
ReplyDeleteI looks faaaahbulous!
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous! I have been eyeing this very lamp up at Target.
ReplyDeleteEmily, Please give me my lamp back and stop posting about it on your blog. Jeez.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness, it's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove the base of it.
Wow, what a difference Emily, I love it!!!!
ReplyDelete