I think I've found my dress, but I won't divulge it to the world just yet. This blog post is to help the men in my life: my husband and my ex-work husband. What constitutes Festive Cocktail Attire for men?
A Google search for Festive Cocktail attire led the ex-work husband to this picture:

And I want the boys in top hats. B says top hats are formal not festive and that you can't wear a top hat without a tux. I don't know if that's true, but I really want the boys in top hats.

Mr. B wants to wear his Nantucket Reds with a yellow shirt and Vineyard Vines tie. I told him that Festive Cocktail attire does not mean Fraternity/Sorority Mixer Costume Party.
What constitutes Festive Cocktail attire? If you received this wedding invitation, what would you dress the hubs in? Links, pictures and descriptions, please! The boys want to know. And if you have suggestions for me, too, I'll take them. My mind is not 100% made up.
Lurkers come out, we need all the help we can get on this one.




I think it's all about color. Classic wedding attire--shirt and tie with a coat or vest if possible--but with colors that are more fun. I tried to do some googling too, but failed miserably. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteAgreed. Cocktail attire can also be interpreted as 'no-tie-required' but definitely button down collared shirt, slacks and jacket. The festive part is just fun colors - in the shirt or tie or pocket square :) Hope this helps!
ReplyDeleteWhat about in the jacket? can the fun colors come in there too? What about a white or black velvet jacket? -- Work Husband
ReplyDeleteI agree too! It's all about color incorporated into classic style. If I were dressing my Hubby, I'd stick him in a pair of pants, a non-matching jacket, button down shirt, and a punchy tie. For the jacket, I would stick with a solid, neutral color (unless you're doing a nice subtle pinstripe) and classic fabrics, but if you want to liven it up, I'd do what Katie suggested and go with a fun pocket square. For weddings, I always think classic looks are the way to go!
ReplyDeleteWhile I agree with the above consensus, I really enjoy the first picture of "festive attire" and would love to see photos of that in real life.
ReplyDeleteI think the answer was just in an InStyle Magazine...
ReplyDeleteIf I remember correctly it's normal cocktail attire but maybe with a tad more sparkle and flash.