Pin It button on image hover

Monday, January 26, 2009

Map It Out

The other day Leigh over at Popcorn Ideas posted about her vintage US map that she put on framed corkboard. I love personalized maps to show where you've been, isn't hers fabulous? I'm excited to see it fill up with pins.


With Leigh's corkboard firmly in the back of my mind, I was excited to see this idea on the Aaron Brother's website last week. I love this twist on a map of places you've been: A map of the general area of a special trip, with pictures, post cards, foreign currency and tickets layered over the places you went.

I'm not a scrapbooker, and I usually bring home ticket stubs from trips thinking I'll do something with them before remembering that I have the attention span of a two year old and I'm capable of scrapbooking about one page per year, and then I throw the crap out.

But one map of a fabulous European Vacation? Now that I could handle. Let's plan the trip, Mr. B, the guest room needs artwork.

Oh, and that strip of corkboard around Leigh's fabulous map is the perfect place for her to pin fabulous photos of their US adventures from coast to coast. How do you memorialize your vacations?

8 comments:

  1. i'm a scrapbooker. but i usually let it pile up for months and then scrapbook for days. i'm a procrastinator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful. I love it with the photos. It would be great in our office, too. I used to love scrapbooking, but it just got too time-consuming and expensive. Plus, I rarely look at my creations. This would be much much better.

    hmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy &$@#! I love this idea and I think I'm going to steal it :)

    I will let you know if/when I do and give you all the credit! Nice find Em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that idea about the vacation memoir art! Although, I usually would end up with a whole bag of stuff that would need to be jam packed into one frame. I hate being a pack-rat :) Great post though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!! I love it! Looking forward to seeing you someday stick a pin in Madison, WI! (hint hint)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It might also be fun to put a gigantic map of downtown Boulder or Denver and map out all of the places that I've had to walk home from or take a taxi after a night of debauchery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No way! That looks just like our vintage map project from last year:

    http://www.thisyounghouse.com/2008/02/the-frame-game/

    It's a small world! And apparently the hubs and I have to get out there and see more of it so we can add a few more pins...

    xo,
    Sherry
    www.thisyounghouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!!! I'm honored! And I love the idea of pictures on the extra cork space. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete