Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Office Space

When it comes to paying the bills, reading your favorite blogs (ahem...imperfect), crafting and even working from home, do you prefer:

A dedicated office space:

Credit

or

A nook carved out a multi-purpose room:



Credit

Sound off!

19 comments:

  1. dedicated office space, and if its decorated like the one shown I would never leave it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I have a little nook, I guess I like that best.
    Although a room like that would be perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I have a little nook, I guess I like that best.
    Although a room like that would be perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a room all to myself. I'm greedy like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer a separate dedicated room. See, this is the first time we've had a designated room for an office and I was elated b/c it means I can shut the door on Mr. FC's messiness.

    But he chooses to use our kitchen table to work at. WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dedicated space!! I'd love an office/craft room combo, specifically. But I'm not a fan of office desks in the den, guest bedroom, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want the office space! I just need to come up with my craft/business to justify it :-) I lieu of that, I have a computer desk that looks more like a chest - has a flip-down door that I can close if I don't want to see it all. Love Martha Stewart & her furniture....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer the laptop on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love a dedicated space, but for our purposes a nook is more practical.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd much prefer a dedicated space. That said, we have a desk in the guestroom (oh,the shame) because we only have 2 bedrooms. I hate to think where our "office" will end up once we have a child! :-o

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish that I could have a dedicated space like the picture that you've shown. However, my place is tiny, tiny. I wish I could come up with a better scenario in my living room to be able to bring my computer out of my bedroom when I would like to sleep and not think about work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like both. In our home, we have a built in desk in the kitchen and another one on the landing. I like that it is public. I like that my kids can play while I check on emails real quick. I like that they can't be on the computer privately (do you know what I mean). That being said, we do have a dedicated office that is completely empty right now, but I have grand plans for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My very own room would be awesome!! By the way, do you know if the shelving in the office picture is made out of Ikea's expedit bookcases? Looks like it to me, and looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like having designated space. There are less distractions and such.

    For now since we don't have childen, my husband and I each have our "own room." Mine is pink, and filled with things I love. His is a disaster. I like being able to just shut the door on his projects, and not worring about if a guest is going to mess something up in my office. If my desk was just out in the open, I would be worried about things getting messed with. I'm OCD like that though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have an office, but it's becoming a junk collector. I prefer to blog on the couch and pay bills in the dining room. Maybe this is just a sign that I need to work on the office.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG that first pic is soooo fabulous! I like both. The cozy closet office I adore, but then again being able to spread out sounds great too! My husband has completely hogged out office!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd like an office/craft room on the main floor of the house with room for a decent size tv and double sized chair, so John would hang out with me while I crafted. Right now I have a tiny, like the size of a fancy hotel bathroom, office.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I catch up on my favorite imperfect blog with my ass plopped down on the couch and my laptop balanced on my legs, and the TV on in the background. I barely pay attention to the TV when my laptop is open, but for some reason I still need it on 24/7. Such a terrible habit. I really need to break it.

    ReplyDelete