Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

My friend Jenna at Life-Uncluttered gave me the "Honest Scrap" award. Jenna and I met at my last job - she has the world's cutest kids, is a money saving genius, and a great friend - so if you haven't checked her blog out you should take a look.


So for the award, you have to tell 10 honest things about yourself, then pass the award along to other "honest scrap" type people. And we're all about honesty, aren't we?

1. I have entertaining anxiety - I get it from my mom - but I love to entertain. Both of us put on good parties (I think...) but we always worry. The two of us planning a wedding was fascinating.

2. I remember everything. Good, bad and ugly, if it happened, I can recall the date, time and details. It's a blessing and a curse - especially when I'm trying to get over things.

3. I am an excellent judge of character. I can tell within just a few minutes if somebody is good people. Or "honest scrap" if we're going to be theme-y here. People don't usually listen to me when I tell them my gut instinct, but they usually realize a few months down the road that I was right.

4. My brother is 11 months older than me, and I used to tell people we were twins. Feel free to withdraw the "honest scrap" award right here. I was so desperate to be a twin thanks to Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, that I just dropped "Irish" from our Irish Twins title.

5. When I lived on The Hill in Boulder, I altered my daily running route so that I would always run by the Jon Benet Ramsey house, thinking that I'd pick up on clues that the Boulder police had missed while botching the case.

6. I could eat Pizza every single day of my life without growing tired of it.

7. I love to stay at home. I love days with nothing to do but what I want. When I was laid off, everyone thought they needed to occupy my time, and I just wanted to enjoy some time to myself.

8. I am terrible at saying "no" for fear of hurting feelings.

9. My entire life I despised the color purple, but in the last year I've bought PLENTY of plum.

10. I adored my summers in Maine and would go back to camp in a heartbeat if I could take Mr. B with me.

And now for the exciting part. Giving the award away.

Claire at A Peachtree city Life
Tiffany at Chocolate and Sunshine Everyday
Leigh at Popcorn Ideas
And QueenBee at It's Time to Bee Focused

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    I totally have "entertaining anxiety" too! I drives Chris mad. I always invite people over, but then the whole day before I am a nut case.

    Fun list- Irish twins and regular twins are so much alike anyway- no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting you lived close to the Ramsey house....it sounds like me, I always want to be a private investiagator for a day! Living there..what did the people of the town say happened?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to be BFF's? B/c I totally have entertaining anxiety (which is why we don't entertain that much) and I remember EVERYTHING. I remember it and overanalyze every little detail.

    OK, I know I shouldn't laugh about this but I would have done the same thing to the Ramsey house. When we first moved here, I HAD to drive by it. Sick I know, but I was curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your items. My husband can also judge a person's character immediately. I wish I had that trait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm way behind on my blog reading and blogging huh? Thanks for passing on the award! I'll work on my post this weekend.

    When I visited my sister at CU I made her take me by the playboy house.

    ReplyDelete