
So this is what we had before. The same steep narrow front steps as everyone else. And a tripping hazard. Beautiful.
Ready? Want to see the finished product? Nothing's as exciting as a concrete project, right? Are you holding your breath?
Okay. Without further ado, I present the steps to our imperfect cottage:


We changed the width of all of the steps so that they're uniform -they used to alternate wide to narrow. Casco has to re-learn how to walk up them, he had a pattern down. The top two steps went out one foot on each side.
My favorite thing has been all of the neighbors stopping to tell us how much they love the change. One woman told Mr. B, "Why didn't they do everyone's steps that way? That is just brilliant." Our neighbor who's home all day told us that there's a parade of cars that drive by, turn around, drive by again, stop and stare. Love it!
Next up - landscaping. Mr. B and I went on a date to the rock quarry last night, and we've got ideas running through our minds and can't wait to get our hands dirty renovating and leveling the bizarre builder grade rockscaping.




It really does look a lot better.
ReplyDelete(And baby puppy is darn cute.)
What a great idea. I love it when the neighbors stare - we are getting a lot of that with our backyard right now! It makes me laugh.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea. I love it when the neighbors stare - we are getting a lot of that with our backyard right now! It makes me laugh.
ReplyDeleteI'm usually one of those staring neighbors. Like pack a lunch and a picic blanket cause I'll be here for a while type of staring.
ReplyDeleteLooks FAB! I love that you went w/ the wider steps up top too--genius.
Awww, baby Casco.
It looks tons better already!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great!! And I can appreciate a good concrete job - both DH's dad and brother own contracting companies that do mostly concrete work. :)
ReplyDeleteEven though it doesn't look that different I am sure that you are much more comfortable now...I can only imagine how difficult it would have been to bring in groceries before...tripping hazard!
ReplyDeleteBaby Casco is adorable! I'm such a sucker for puppies.
ReplyDeleteI had to look twice to notice what you were talking about, then I was like oh! yeah, it does look wayyy better. and i can empathize, we've got not only a wonky high step outside but two of them inside. love the previous owner's DIY step-building!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great. I love myself a good concrete project.
ReplyDeleteYour steps look awesome. I am sure it is so nice to have them done!
ReplyDeleteEm! They look fabulous!!
ReplyDelete