Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hypothetical Ethical Dilemma

Let's say that I'm hypothetically the type of person who goes on a nightly walk with Mr. B and Casco. Hypothetically speaking, let's say that every night we pass a house in our neighborhood that has their entire front yard decorated in flower planters. And, let's say that on numerous occasions I hypothetically counted the planters - and there are over 30 potted plants lining the sidewalk of this one house.

Credit
Hypothetically, this house looks sort of like this nursery - only it's a house, not a nursery.

For the sake of entertainment, let's say that I hypothetically refer to this house as the 'pot house'. And that last night on my walk, I hypothetically took pictures of all of the pots lining this fairly small yard. Just because I wanted to see what the hypothetical blog world hypothetically thinks about having this many pots in your yard.

And, let's just say that Mr. B hypothetically thinks that posting pictures of the yard is mean and not really that entertaining, and that when I walk by the house I should not loudly say (hypothetically of course) "LOOK AT HOW MANY POTS THIS LADY HAS IN HER YARD? MR. B, LOOK, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE". And, since we're talking hypothetically, he also thinks that I shouldn't loudly count and point at every potted plant as we walk by the house.

So, if you knew someone who hypothetically had pictures of a hypothetical plant-pots-reproducing-like-rabbits situation, would you hypothetically want to see the pictures? Or would you, hypothetically, be on Mr. B's side?

18 comments:

  1. You had me at "pot".........

    Heck yes, I want to see it! You've ignited my curiosity. I don't see a problem w/ it unless her house number or car's license plate is in the pic.....privacy reasons, you know--ehhh, privacy schmivacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't leave us hanging... post it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't describe it and then not show it to us! Now I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes I want to see but Mr B is right witht his one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hypothetically if you had any pictures of a hypothtically pot house, I would hypothetically like to see them. Hypothetically, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so driving down your street to find the house if you don't post pictures. Mr B means well, but come on you know he'd want to see pictures too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you've got me really curious trying to figure out what this house looks like. Bring on the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, show us, I am curious now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES!! Show them!! They'll never know! And maybe they're PROUD of the fact they love their pots. Maybe they're potters... or something! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hypothetically -

    I would totally post it.

    Is it mean, maybe. But, I'm cool with it if you are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Mr. B wins that one. But I would love to see the pottery garden. So bad....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not cool. Mr. B. is right - it is mean.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course we want to see the hypothetical pots:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hypothetically I would want to see pictures. And hypothetically, you have my email address in case you decide not to post them on your blog. ;)

    Oh--and hypothetically, if I ever come visit you, we're totally (er, hypothetically) re-arranging said pots. And maybe stealing (HYPOTHETICALLY) a few.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't get how people are so PC all of a sudden! Aren't you readers young people? If we aren't going to push the limits of appropriate behavior, who will? Moreover, on the spectrum of appropriateness, posting these pics is down there with not replacing the toilet paper with only 1 strip left. Rebellious!! Obv, post it!

    ReplyDelete