Pin It button on image hover

Monday, April 6, 2009

Kitchen Schizophrenia

I have a folder on my computer dedicated purely to Kitchen inspiration. You know, for our next house. All of the images feature wall to wall white cabinets, a built-in wine rack, stainless steel appliances, islands with farmhouse sinks and gray granite countertops.

So when I stumbled across the Kitchens.com "What's My Kitchen Style?" quiz, I was excited to answer the questions and get another inspiration image to add to the "someday" file.

And I got this:
I guess it's not too far off, if you paint all the wood white and put in a substantial island with counter-height seating. But, since I'm manipulative, I went back and changed the wood question to "I'm not a fan of the look of wood" and clicked submit.

Oh no. This is their solution to not being a fan of the look of wood? Yikes. This is definitely not my kitchen style. One more try at manipulation. Curses! I got the second one again.

So I went searching for my actual dream kitchen:

Perfect. A Something's Gotta Give inspired kitchen. I'll take it. And throw in the beach that should come with it while you're at it, mmmkay?

But anyway, here's the quiz. Go take it. Report back. And if anyone gets a white kitchen, I want your formula for success. What's your kitchen style?

17 comments:

  1. Oooh I love the white one! The second one however is not cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the second one... ewww!! Totally not my style. I LOVE the white one though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I got the same ones you did - bleck! I love the white kitchen, that's pretty much exactly what I love. Still dreaming of my kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Something's Gotta Give simply for the home!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek. I took the test and got the second picture. Yuck.

    I'm totally an all white kitchen girl and your dream kitchen is divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quiz sucks! I got the second one as well and none of my answers came close to producing that result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuck, I got the #2 one. I seriously hate that one. I think I'll do the white one in our new home LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also got the second one, which is totally NOT my style. I do LOVE that white one though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops- I got the first one too. Maybe there are only two kitchens to chose from in the database and it just goes back and forth with every quiz. = ) Maybe. Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I normally oppose acronyms. But I will whip out an "OMG" on that last kitchen. How gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got the same one you did - blech. Maybe it's rigged?!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's really interesting. Sometimes those quizzes don't turn up what I think it will.

    LOOOOOVE that last kitchen. Gorgeous.

    I wanted white cabinets so bad when we picked the kitchen. Ryan wanted maple. I let him have maple. I picked pretty much everything in the house. And, you know - I kinda like the maple now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got cream colored cabinets, stainless steel, picture window looking out to a city scape... my style is Contemporary apparently, although my inspiration pic is a little colder than I usually prefer. Much better than the two options it gave you though! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just had to post this link to a dream kitchen I have bookmarked on my computer for... you know, my future house too. ;) It looks like we share the same dream of white kitchens.

    http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Pinnacle_of_Design_BEFORE_PHOT/detail.esi?oid=520736&cObjId=837556

    Hope this link works!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous - Thanks for the link - those have got to be the tallest kitchen cabinets I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning kitchen. I am really not big on wood either, and the white is just so clean. It makes the room look open and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! Took the quiz and got the kitchen in your second pic. :gulp So. Not. Me.

    My friend Erin modeled her new kitchen after that 'Something's Gotta Give' kitchen, and it's GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete