
I wanted the M in our monogram to represent our name - so I headed straight to the McKevitts Village Hotel website and used their description of the rooms to make our art. My goal was for this to look like a snapshot of a magazine article - rather than a paragraph printed out, so I arranged the text accordingly.

I tried to arrange the type so that the charm I imagine for this little hotel was captured in 8 lines of abbreviated text - our name, the town the McKevitts hail from, and en suite bedrooms just paint a quaint picture for me. A little McKevitt family history in the heart of our living room photo wall.
This was an easy project - a Microsoft Word document converted to a JPEG, about 7 minutes of my time and 3 wasted sheets of paper until I figured out how it should look.




It looks great - something you will use forever no matter what your decorating style it (at least I think so).
ReplyDeleteI love this project! It is super cute! I am such a fan of the monogram!
ReplyDeleteLovely...I love how you worked in the location below the big ole letter! Nicely done!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! It looks great.
ReplyDeletewonderful project and bonus that it was inexpensive!
ReplyDeleteYou rock.
ReplyDeleteI love that you are incorporating family history into your home but with a fun, modern twist! Very well done!
ReplyDeletehahaa, too funny, i was totally going to "borrow" this project from them too! but I love the idea of personalizing it like you did, good call!
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous Emily--I love how it turned out!
ReplyDelete