or are shoes in the house the least of your worries?
Mr. B and I want you to be comfy - shoes on or off, athlete's feet hidden by your shoes or beautifully polished toes shown off, we don't care.
But I know there's going to be a divide on this one - so what's the rule at your house? And if you're rule is no shoes, then no judging my chipped pedicure, mmkay?
But I know there's going to be a divide on this one - so what's the rule at your house? And if you're rule is no shoes, then no judging my chipped pedicure, mmkay?





Pre-baby, I didn't care if shoes were on or off.
ReplyDeleteNow that we have a tyke who likes to play on the floor, however, we definitely prefer a no-shoes approach to things.
Once he's old enough to be off the floor all. the. time. we'll probably go back to not having a preference.
Most of our guests take their shoes off, but we don't ask them to. Our shoes are always off so I suppose that sends a message?
ReplyDeleteMost of our guests tend to take their shoes off, but I think that has more to do with the fact that I'm always barefoot and drop my shoes at the door. I honestly don't care whether or not people wear shoes in my home-- personally, I just avoid wearing shoes whenever possible!
ReplyDeleteWe're pro-shoes all the way...in fact, I don't think I've ever been asked or encouraged to take mine off at someone else's house.
ReplyDeleteQuestion though, when I host dinner parties, I get all dressed up then forget to wear shoes. Is that wierd? I mean, everyone else looks nice and is wearing footwear, I wonder if I look funny...hmmmm
We don't ask our guests to leave their shoes at the door, but some friends of ours do and I swear their home is cleaner than ours! I'm thinking of instilling a new no shoe policy. :)
ReplyDeleteHad to come out of hiding and say I really enjoy reading your blog!
We have hardwood floors in the main parts of the house but the bedrooms are a horrible light tan, that requires no shoes. My kids are on high alert when we get home, even my one year old sits on the ground until someone helps her take off her shoes. I still walk on the carpet with shoes when no one is looking, but sometimes the kids call me out! Ha
ReplyDeleteI don't care if shoes are on or off. I tend to wear some sort of shoes around the house, mostly flip flops.
ReplyDeleteWe have no shoes in our home. We have noticed, however, that this seems to be a Colorado thing. When we lived in AZ, we had tile floors and everyone wore their shoes. Here, with hardwood and new carpet, taking off shoes seems to be the thing.
ReplyDeleteI love being barefoot or in slippers. But I don't care what my guests do. Whatever makes you happy. From the title of this post I thought it was going to be Buffett-ish.
ReplyDeleteWe don't ask or force people to take off shoes, but we always take off our shoes. It keeps the house cleaner. =)
ReplyDeletePS - I love your "You might like this" area in your posts. That's really awesome.
Ours is a whatever you feel comfortable with, whether you want your shoes on or off. Unless of course they are yucky from mud or something along those lines.
ReplyDeleteI was born and raised in Hawaii so removing our shoes before going into the house was a common practice. We have brought this practice with us to Oregon. With that being said, we don't require our guests to remove their shoes. If they want to, that's great, if not, no biggie.
ReplyDeleteWhen it's just us, it's shoes off. Our dog tracks in enough dirt as it is, I don't need Mr. FC aka PigPen to track in anymore. Yes, I'm so romantical =)
ReplyDeleteBut when we have peeps over, there's no policy. I figure I'll be mopping after the party anyway, so why bother w/ the shoes rule?
I definitely find this to be regional. In MN shoes are off, as are boots. :)
ReplyDeleteWe take off our shoes, and 99% of our friends do too. But that may be because I am Russian-- as is my husband, my husband's family, and most of our friends.
ReplyDeleteI feel awkward asking people to take their shoes off, so we leave a basket full of slippers next to the door and most people just pull those on. We don't force people to take their shoes off, though. And if they don't, I try not to cringe when I watch them walk across our off-white carpet... (I'm always thinking: 'I wonder what those shoes stepped in today? Gum, spit, dog poo, lalalalaaaa...')
we take shoes off, most people do when they come over too but we don't ask them too and I don't think we'd be offended if someone didn't. I think it's just how you're brought up and what you're used to.
ReplyDelete