Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Little Me Time

I gave notice at my job two weeks ago - about the time I went on my blog break. Coincidence? Probably not. I had been offered a fabulous new position that will test new skills for me and have a bit more variety every day. Another bonus - it's close to home, cutting my total daily commute from an hour and a half to about twenty minutes. My old car is going to appreciate the break.

I just finished up my last day at the current job, but, I scheduled in a little me time before starting the next one. Mostly because I got called for Jury Duty, but partly because with vacation getting reset with the move, I need a summer break. And so, with my week and half to myself, I plan to:

*Enjoy a lot of pool time *Be a more attentive blogger *Finish up some projects around the house *Cook dinners for Mr. B * Thoroughly clean the house *Read *Spend time with my family *Run *Get a tan by the pool *Find plastic wine glasses for drinking wine by the pool *Transplant the herb garden outside *Relax *Swim

I'm looking forward to it. And between blog posts, you can find me at the pool. Feel free to swing by.

15 comments:

  1. Have fun at the pool. I'm thinking the pool aspects of the list might get more attention than the others. = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time off! I am totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I just quit my job, too, and am looking forward to doing very, very similar things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! I hope the transition is smooth. Enjoy your down time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job! I hope it goes well and enjoy the break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so green right now...I only wish I could be poolside with plasticware...Congratulations on the new gig! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can we join you for marg's by the pool? Congrats on moving on, Em!! It sounds so promising!

    (I'm making it sound like you're getting out of rehab or something......which might not be far from the truth, once we factor in all the drinking poolside.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooops, that's me above. Fricking Husband never logs off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooooh have fun!!! I'm a little, no a lot, jealous of the pooling you have planned :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations again.

    I'm seriously considering taking the week off work and meeting you at the pool. Is that overboard?

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on the new job! sounds like a great opportunity!! and from someone who still has a 1 1/2 hour commute - i'm majorly jealous. enjoy your time off :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the new job, Em! Sounds like it's something you're really looking forward to. And that reduced commute is going to be SO NICE! Have fun enojoying your "me time." If I had a pool I'd be right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  14. felicidades! I'm very jealous of the commute. Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! It is good to take a little time for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete