I've always loved the idea of fresh cut flowers: running out to the yard to fill a vase before guests arrive or just because. It just wasn't happening here at imperfect. But the climbing rose bush is growing like gangbusters this year.

The climbing part means the stems are thin and bendy and very short. So I faked it and put the buds in a short IKEA pot that I shoved into my suitcase a few weeks ago. You'd never know there weren't thick, perfect for cutting rose stems behind that pretty pleated facade.
I love this pot. It reminds me of my wedding dress.

And I love remembering my wedding dress. Love.




i'm impressed! my mom can grow flowers like that but it's tough! good job!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous arrangement, dahling! Perfect pleats.
ReplyDeleteWhoa, your dress, bouquet, and photographer put mine to shame. I want a wedding do-over.
(P.S. I 100% agree w/ you on the whole "asking the husband for permission" thingie. Gives me the heebeejeebies. I'm a modern woman, dammit.)
I love your pleated wedding dress! Amazing!
ReplyDeleteLove the dress. & the flowers.
ReplyDeleteOMheavens...I love your dress...Have I told you that lately? Because I do. And I love those flowers. And Ikea is ok too :)
ReplyDeleteThat vase looks awfully familiar. =) My roses have been going gangbusters, too. Good tip on how to make them look nice, mine never seem to look good in a vase, but I think I don't make them full enough.
ReplyDeleteI just love fresh flowers, but I will keep dreaming about going to pick them out of my own yard. Maybe some day.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful wed pic! I am in agreement with FC, up there. Where were all the fab photographers 10 years ago when I was getting married. Do Over please.
Those flowers look great- I wish I could grow anything half as well.
ReplyDelete