Job transitions (even those made by choice), travel, B starting school...it's all stressful, I handled it. Tornadoes over my house? Cool as a cucumber. Looking at my weekend and realizing that I don't have 5 seconds for myself? Breakdown.
So what's a girl to do? I turned to my traditional comfort food. Velveeta Shells & Cheese with All Beef Hot Dogs mixed in. Don't knock it, it's delicious, and oh so comforting. And I don't even like hot dogs on their own. The shells and cheese is my favorite mac and cheese brand. It was on sale this week and I stocked up - I was already feeling the stress. I had it for dinner with a tall glass of wine. I'm a classy girl, what can I say.

I introduced my skeptical husband to it, and he was pleasantly surprised. And me? I took the leftovers for lunch the rest of the week (squeezed three servings per the box into six). And to tell you the truth, it was comforting.
What's your go-to comfort food? Any mac and cheese with hot dog lovers out there? Come on, I know I'm not the only one.




Amen, sister.
ReplyDeleteYUM! My parents always put hot dogs in my Mac and Cheese, and I still love it to this day!
ReplyDeleteLOVE velveeta - have you tried the microwaveable cups (their vs of easy mac)? They're good and a lunch staple for me!!! :) Hope you're feeling better and things are looking up.
ReplyDeleteIt's 8 am and that picture still made me hungry. I'm a huge fan of anything with cheese on it. Good luck trying to get some time for yourself.
ReplyDeleteI've never done it with anything besides classic Kraft Mac n Cheese, but hot dogs were a staple in our's growing up!
ReplyDeleteI had my Mom make it for my graduation party and several of her grown daycare kids have requested that she do the same for their grad parties lol.
Love mac and cheese with hot dogs! People who knock it don't know what they are missing.
ReplyDeletei love it! it was one of my favorites growing up.
ReplyDeletewill always knows when i'm homesick because i make creamed peas and potatoes or funeral potatoes. mmmmmmmm
Wine, shells & cheese......I think I love you.
ReplyDeletePlus you got so many meals out of 1 box! I may or may not have eaten the whole box in one sitting that one time. Oh alright, a lot of times.
Hang in there girly! Things will work out and will have to slow down for you soon.
(Do we use tornado sirens here? Being from Iowa, I kept waiting for the sirens and was all mehhh, we're ok.)
Do you even KNOW how much I love Shells & Cheese with hot dogs? My jaw seriously dropped when I saw this post. Ryan hates mac and cheese, though, so I don't make it often. I could polish off the whole box if I'm having a bad day. It's disgusting.
ReplyDeleteoh man, i'm not allowed to eat this stuff and i havent had it in years but I'm totally making this for dinner tonight. i may even print up that photo you took and carry it around with me, it looks sooooo delicius.
ReplyDeletemy comfort food is chinese takeout...egg rolls, lo mein, orange chicken, the works
This one time in college...I wanted some meat so badly that I cooked up a brat and threw it in with some mac & cheese. My friends still rip on my for it, so thanks for making me feel less alone in the meat and mac world!!!
ReplyDeleteI love mashed potatoes, the perfect comfort food. That and grilled cheese. I'm sorry you're so stressed.
ReplyDeleteps- You spelled "classy" wrong- I think you meant to use a k ;P
mmmm that looks yummy. If only my husband liked mac & cheese. Instead I make "casseroles" that mostly revolve around noodles and cheese and he doesn't seem to object to that. ;)
ReplyDeleteMy go-to comfort food is pancakes. Hard day? Pancakes. Tired? Pancakes. Rob needs some husband points? Pancakes.
I hope life slows down for you soon! Schedule a free weekend for yourself sometime soon (and try not to do house projects). ;)