
That's Lucy on the left. She's our neighbor. And pretty much our second dog. We're great friends with our neighbors and trade dogs when we go out of town. It's perfect. Lucy is also Casco's best friend/ girlfriend. She's one month older than Casco. That's how the McKevitt men like their women, one month older. Lucy is a great camper. Casco's a city boy.
We drove to Leadville to camp at Turquoise Lake. It was beautiful - reminded me of camp in Maine...with mountains. I shed a few tears of homesickness for Maine, not gonna lie.
Except that these two boys probably couldn't accompany me to all girls' camp in Maine. And they're pretty important to me.
Please notice how Casco is safely on the shore wanting nothing to do with the water. That's our boy.
Best. Friends. There was just something about the lake - peaceful. The 6 + mile hike around the lake? Bliss. It was perfect.
Our city boy. He likes grass. And only plush, beautiful grass at that. Annoying. Good thing he's cute.
Thank you, Mr. B, for humoring me. It was just perfect. Well, you know, until Casco decided that sleep is overrated. How was your weekend?




Looks like a wonderful weekend. Casco (your city boy) is a hoot. Love the scenery. Let the good times roll - or more like the peaceful, relaxing times make life worth it.
ReplyDeleteAunt Jan
Looks like you had a great time. I love that Casco has such a cute girlfriend. What a lucky dog!
ReplyDeleteMaine with mountians is prety darn near perfect.
I've never heard of turquoise lake, but it looked beautiful. How fun!
ReplyDeleteI love camping, but I always feel like I could use a vacation by the time we get back. There is just so much STUFF to bring and do!
ReplyDeleteBut still, I'm dying to go every year!
I was looking for a good camping spot for this weekend. Definitely checking this one out!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I realized you were from Maine before! Me too & I get homesick all the time! We're headed back there for vacation on Friday!
ReplyDeleteOoh we'll have to try this spot next time, thx!
ReplyDeleteWe went camping for our anniversary last weekend! I pretended to grumble that he was making me "rough it" for our anniversary but it was a lot of fun to get away from it all.
And Casco & Lucy are so stinkin' cute. I don't think I've ever seen a more photogenic couple.
ReplyDeleteHiro found a chipmunk and trapped it in a pine tree for the entire time. He was pretty proud of himself and considered it a productive trip.
C - I wish I was from Maine. I had to settle for living there for a few summers as a camp counselor, and really like to pretend that I grew up on the East Coast. Enjoy your trip back home, I'm jealous (That you're going, and that you're from there).
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a great weekend. I can't believe Casco doesn't swim. We took Chester swimming this weekend, and after 45 min we had to bribe him to leave.
ReplyDeleteyour dog and his girlfriend are pretty much awesome..
ReplyDeleteThat looks BEAUTIFUL!! I wish muggy VA allowed us to go camping and wear long sleeves in the middle of summer... ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous place. I'm totally impressed that you camp. Can I tell you a secret? I've never really camped. Ever. It's on my life list.
ReplyDeleteThat's so neat that you take the neighbor's dog camping as a playmate for Casco--so sweet! Looks like a beautiful place--I'm glad you had fun!
ReplyDelete