
Here was the only hiccup - the Country Club was under construction and scheduled for reopening on July 17, 2008. You know, 2 days before the wedding. This caused my mom many sleepless nights, but I for some reason was not the least bit worried. I knew it would all work out - whether it was tented on the golf course (with lots of air conditioners brought in) or in the space we had reserved. The construction finished ahead of schedule (how often does that happen?!), and we were the first wedding in the beautifully renovated space. Not too shabby.

The club handled everything - dinner (I'm told everything was delicious - I have no recollection), setup, breakdown, bar tending... The catering coordinator did a fabulous job and between her and a family friend who was helping with the day-of wedding planning, everything went smoothly.

My sister telling our 200 closest friends that I wanted 6 kids with fabulously Irish names when I was a kid. That number briefly hit 7 my Freshman year of college when I was dating a cowboy boot wearing, black pickup truck driving, country music loving Texan and has since bottomed out at 5. Which means I should probably get over my fear of slouchy panted skateboarding punks and get started.
B's dad giving an hysterical toast
The only bite of cake we ate all night. Can't wait to defrost that top layer and find out what it tastes like.
We danced our first dance (the Foxtrot - and we had so much fun taking dance lessons together) to "our song" - Tim McGraw's "My Best Friend".

Then Daddy and I brought on the waterworks to Heartland's "I Loved Her First". We did our best to stick to non-country after that, but we still got a few line dances in for these Colorado kids:

And a Lambda Chi shout out in Kenny Chesney's "Keg in the Closet" for the Lamp Chops (and future Chop?) at the reception.
Our friend Sarah caught the bouquet - she was engaged within a month and married six months later.
And then there was a whole lotta fun.







Get excited, friends. You survived 4 days of Wedding Photos.
(All photos taken by Dave and Lynn Townsend of David Lynn Photography.)
(All photos taken by Dave and Lynn Townsend of David Lynn Photography.)




Survived four days? I've loved looking at your pictures! Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!
ReplyDeleteI've loved seeing your wedding pictures! Thank you so much for sharing! Congrats on your anniversary! I loved ours and I hope your cake was as good as ours was!
ReplyDeleteLet's discuss.
ReplyDeleteA. LOVED your wedding recaps. You're pictures are awesome. (I actually stalked your photogs website because I'd loved to do a TTD in Colorado.) You guys looked like you had a blast at your reception.
B. I love that you had country music at your wedding. What is it about frat boys and country?
C. Totally agree about the unsolicited wedding advice. I love how everyone knows exactly what you should/shouldn't be doing. I think my favorite comment that I got was someone telling me I had to change my wedding colors because my wedding was going to look like the sponsor for McDonalds.
P.S. I think THAT was the longest comment ever. ;)
It's been so fun to look at you wedding pictures! The reception looks like it was a total blast and you were just stunning!
ReplyDeleteThe reception looks like so much fun! And your photographer was fabulous.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I don't think we live too far from your parents. Which reminds me, I need to email you back!
What a beautiful wedding, Emily. (with an equally beatiful couple.) Thanks for sharing the details with us.
ReplyDeleteBlessings on the many happy years to come.
5 kids?! Wow! I love the B dipped you. Happy 1st anniversary!
ReplyDeleteLooks good. I am amazed that you were not worried about the site- I would have been just like your mum!
ReplyDeleteall right! Meg made it into the wedding pics! she STILL talks about your wedding! :) (and you're still part of the short list for hers! :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVED your wedding recap! Thank you for sharing all the details of your day! You two look so happy! I loved the picture in the last post with the two of you grinning at each other up at the altar. :)
ReplyDeleteI want MORE days of wedding recap. Is that wierd?
ReplyDeleteI totally got tearing with the photo of your dad. Is that normal?
I'm thinking not.
Your wedding was awesome.
Thanks for all of your comments on my kitchen posts. It is nice to know someone out there is reading my silly little blog. Your wedding pictures are beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDelete