Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Trait Ya

Mrs. Dirnberger over at A Day in the Hay tagged me with the Meme Award 09.  "To accept this award, the recipient must list 7 traits about themselves and then pass the award onto 7 other bloggers who deserve recognition for the personality they share through their blog." Thanks, Mrs. D, you're the best!

So, my traits:

1.  Loyal.  To a fault sometimes.

2. Worry wort.  As the youngest sibling in my family (with a bedroom over the front porch) I would be unable to fall asleep at night until I heard my older siblings come in because I was so worried that something would happen to them on the way home from parties or dates.  Weird little sister trait, I know.

3.  Self-effacing.  I laugh at myself a lot - I don't take myself too seriously.  To me, there's no better way to move on than to laugh at your own shortcomings.  Mine are numerous.  But that's another blog post.

4.  Proud - but not egotistical.  Maybe content is a better word.  But I'm proud of where Mr. B and I are in our lives, the choices we've made both together and individually, the way we've handled not-so-great situations and stood tall against challenges, and most of all that we continue to live our lives to the fullest and appreciate all that we have and each other.

5.  Dreamer.  While I'm so content with where we are now, I love to dream about where Mr. B and I will go.  And not necessarily materialistically (although you all know my dream kitchen well), but in terms of our relationship, our family, and our friendship.  

6.  Spicy.  Unfortunately, I've got a spicy side.  An intolerance for line cutters, people who brake too frequently on the interstate or who blow smoke on me while walking in front of me out of stadiums (I know, the horror!) and other general rudeness.  I think I do a good job of keep my fuming to myself or snide remarks under my breath, but Mr. B seems to think I'm loud and clear and that he'll get beat up one day for something I say to a stranger who's offended me.

7.  Thoughtful.  I show I care by making time to spend with the people I love and giving gifts - spending time with people and gifts are my love languages.  As a result, I often way overbook my free time because I don't like saying no to the gift of time spent with my friends and family, and I spend way too much time finding perfect material gifts.

So, that's me in a nutshell.  A laughing, loyal worrier who puts a lot of thought into gifts and has her fair share of spicy moments at things that really don't matter.  Love it or leave it, just please don't blow smoke in my direction on a crowded street corner.

I'd love to read about the traits that make up all of you - play along if you'd like!

3 comments:

  1. I love how you entitled the one trait "spicy". I think I will use that title from now on if people make mention of that side of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I'm also a fan of the use of "spicy". I've perfected my loud passive aggression used on line jumpers and bad customer service reps. My husband always gives me the look, smiles and tells me to "shut it" through gritted teeth.

    & the part about worrying about your sibs is both cute and hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I like number four especially. I'm the same way!

    ReplyDelete