Pin It button on image hover

Monday, August 24, 2009

Sage's DIY Upholstered Headboard

I recently received an email from a reader with pictures of a headboard she made after finding my headboard post from January. The before and after here are truly remarkable, so I asked her if I could share them with all of you.

Here's what Sage was working with before

And here's her beautiful after.



What a transformation, huh? I love that she chose a color for the headboard that goes with her bed skirt so the whole bed looks like it belongs together. And that bedding? LOVE it. The whole bed looks like a fabulously soft and luxurious place to rest.

And for all of you who've been thinking of attempting the same project, Sage mentioned that she had trouble hunting down the nailhead trim in her neck of the woods, but finally found some at an upholstery shop. Here's the original post with directions for making a nailhead trim headboard for yourself.

Thanks for sharing your before and afters, Sage. They're fabulous.

8 comments:

  1. I still need to do this! I just need the dang piece of plywood--dang it all to hell for not having a truck anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- impressive. Their bed looks huge and yet cozy at the same time. How did she manage that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go, Sage. Love the fabric and the height.

    And, way to go Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beauty! Love the velvety color. Fab job, Sage.

    (And thank you for inspiring me as well, Em!)

    ReplyDelete