So I needed to do something with the dining room table. I wanted something simple but interesting. Fresh but rustic. Warm but contemporary. I told you I'm a difficult personality.
My Answer: Burlap. You know how I love it. I was at the fabric store getting the burlap cut and the lady said to me, "I hate burlap." I said "I love it. I made a bed out of it, and now I'm going to make candleholders". Oh she was so confused.

I used drinking glasses and tall cylindrical vases for this, a little spray adhesive, my cut strips of burlap and I was done.


And here she is all lit up:
Pretty, no?




that looks great!! very fall-ish
ReplyDeleteLove it! Hmm now I wanna steal the idea!
ReplyDeleteI wish I had your creative so I didn't have to buy my decor! I love this look
ReplyDeleteVery pretty!
ReplyDeleteI would be scared that I'd catch my house on fire though. I'm always paranoid about that with fabric-covered candle holders.
those look great!
ReplyDeleteooooo my. I love this. Very natural and classy.
ReplyDeleteAnd I had to laugh about the burlap. You turned me to on to burlap too. I bought some more last weekend and the gal was telling me how she used to make burlap pillows in 4-H.
This is awesome. I think you just added another task to my weekend to do list. At least this one will be fun!
ReplyDeleteLovely!
ReplyDeleteVery PRETTY!
ReplyDelete1. It's gorgeous.
ReplyDelete2. I am constantly impressed at how crafty you are and what a good eye for design you have. I want to make things attractive in my house but I just don't have that same sense for how to do it.
3. I think it's a little rude of the salesperson to insult the product that you were buying. Even if you took it in stride.
Fabulous!!! I love them!! I may have to go buy some burlap! ; )
ReplyDeleteI saw that on Thrifty Decor Chic, too. I thought that I might try it as well. Yours looks great! (As do all of your other fall decorations. I have to get mine out sometime, soon. So far the storage tub has made it out of storage, but that is all.)
ReplyDeleteWhat a easy and creative fall centerpiece! It looks so pretty lit up at night.
ReplyDeleteIsn't Sarah smart? I also did tried my hand in using a mirror but I added some fall items (leaves, pumpkins, acorns, etc).
ReplyDeleteNice job!
I'm not a fan of burlap, but I do like how you use it in your home. Love the idea of a collection of candles for the table. I am totally hooked on the soft light that candles create. :-)
ReplyDeleteLOVE burlap & the texture it gives to any decor. These are fabulous (esp. against that trellis runner). I bet PB will copy these for their catalog, they're THAT lovely. (nd if the vases are as tall as the burlap there's really no risk of starting a fire.)
ReplyDeleteI love this, what a great idea!
ReplyDeleteThat looks great. They kind of look like a more fall version of the ones of the yhl video. I'm also working on a few fall candle centerpiece.
ReplyDeleteThis turned out beautifully Em! You have me itching to go to the craft store to see what I could do with a little burlap. Love it!
ReplyDeleteHi, I love your table runner. Where did you find it?
ReplyDelete