Pin It button on image hover

Friday, November 6, 2009

Dare to DIY with Newlywoodwards

Sorry friends, I've been MIA.  I was out of town (in a hotel with no internet, seriously people, it's 2009).  Then I came back from out of town and have been fighting a cold.  You'd think I have the swine flu for how lazy and miserable I've been (I don't, no temperature, just a lot of whining).  Poor Mr. B - I'm a terrible sick person.  

So anyway, when I'm sick my brain cells take a little vacation.  And my "get things done" genes go on hiatus.  And I generally lose 5 pounds because I'm too lazy to walk to the fridge to "feed the cold".  Not all bad, but the blog takes a hit.

But, this post isn't about me.  It's about Kim and her brilliant ideas.  Kim's hosting a set of Dare to DIY parties for the holidays.  And I'm pretty damn excited about it.  

Dare to DIY

I'll be tagging all of my projects over here under "Dare to DIY" so you can easily find my imperfect attempts at holiday fun, and of course they'll be linked up each week on Kim's blog. Hop on over to Kim's to read more about the parties and comment to sign-up. Please do, it will be so fun. Promise.

10 comments:

  1. You rocka my world. Thanks for posting, friend. =)

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just doing some brainstorming right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I can't wait to see what you make!

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily! I'm new to your blog from Kim's blog. I think it's awesome that you helped her with this great idea! I'm excited to participate and see what everyone comes up with. I just have to keep my craft insecurity in check among all you creative ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, this is a great idea, can't wait to head over to Kim's blog and sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I signed up for the Blog Party on Kim's blog too. It should be fun. Thanks for sharing - let the challenge begin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, you LOSE weight when you're sick? "feeding the cold" is about the only thing I have energy for when I'm under the weather.

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey!
    I'm sorry you're feeling yucky, but I'm so excited to have time read your blog! I've missed you and all your imperfectness! Thanks for you energetic welcome back comment.

    I've signed up for the DIY party too. I'm already brainstorming and about to begin shopping. :)
    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colds are like, THE best diet EVER. I'm glad you don't have the Swine. Feel better soon.

    Can't wait to see what you daring ladies come up with!

    ReplyDelete