Pin It button on image hover

Friday, November 20, 2009

Team Human

So, I enjoyed the Twilight books. Scratch that. I enjoyed the first and third Twilight books, the second dragged on and on and the fourth made me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a fork. Not the town of Forks, a sharp eating utensil. And with all the New Moon hoopla, I think I've figured out why I couldn't fall head over heels for the vampire drama.



I'm not on Team Edward. And I'm not on Team Jacob (although he's more likable and less self-absorbed. Sorry Edward fans). I'm on Team Human. Like that Mike boy who had a crush on Bella - I was all about him. Seriously rooted for this girl to come to her senses and date Mike the entire series. Am I the only one? Giving up your life, your family, your ability to eat REAL food and venture out in daylight for a guy? Um, no thanks. I'll play it safe and hang out with the normal strength, normal body temperature, normal emotions, normal life risks humans. And give my children classic, real - and human - names. But that's just me, never really bought into the fantasy genre anyway.

10 comments:

  1. hehe.... I definitely was not an Edward fan, either. I leaned toward Jacob throughout. Although, Mike, really? ;)

    This is the first fantasy series I've ever read. I really enjoyed it. But, I more enjoy being able to throw a party with a fun theme for the girls and see the movie together. That's even better than reading the book. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny--the book I liked most was the 2nd book. But that's probably because I really liked Jacob :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bingo bingo - although Bella doesn't deserve any of them - she drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally with you. Haven't read Twilight and don't want to. Totally do NOT understand the whole vampire obsession these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youse crazy, girl. I dare you to watch New Moon (not Twilight bc that was horrible) but New Moon was dare I say...good? I dare you to watch it and not have your cougar claws come out at the sighte of Jacob and his little tribe of low-riding pants-wearing hotties. Or maybe I'm just a perv. Either way...Mike?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, so true. I love this post. I will admit to leaning a little bit Team Jacob (but possibly not even enough to warrant coughing up $10 to the movie...), but I think Team Human is a pretty good call.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the exact same reaction as you with the 4th book. I didn't read most of it, I skipped through SECTIONS just so I didn't waste my time with the incessant whiny of so many characters and the introduction of five billion new characters that I didn't care about.....

    Glad you feel the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry but we are officially on a break. How dare you insult my Edward. He's like, perfect.

    I also think that the world is divided into vampires, wizards (thx Harry Potter), bloggers and real people though, so..........

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, I never even read the 1st book. I can't do fantasy or sci-fi, too much of a jump for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are funny- I did not vote for Mike- I am all the way an Edward girl- but I do like hearing your points. I never thought about giving up food. I do love food. . .

    ReplyDelete